Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Help deciding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Help deciding

I mentioned this in a post on the main forum, I know it's going to vary by the individual. I'm looking to upgrade my old Lowrance Console graph to a color unit with GPS capability. I hear good and bad with both the Lowrance and Hummingbird and was hoping users of both could chime in to help with my decision.

Don't know whether this is truth or fiction, but I've heard lowrance is bad with warranty issues and Hummingbird lacks a little quality with connections and hardware.

I'm looking for the mid-grad version in the $700.00 to $800.00 range. (don't want to offend any "Garmin" or other brands, just have used Hummingbird and Lowrance before)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brad,
    I have had both brands and have had bad luck with Lowrance messing up. Right now I can not say enough good about Humminbird. Although that could change at any time, but right now I am very pleased with Humminbird GPS/Sonar combo's.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the Humminbird Side Imaging 797, or you will wish you had.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 797

You can get the humminbird 797 c2 si at jandhproducts.com for $850. I would go with that. I have 2 birds & have not had any trouble out of either of them. Both are about 3 year old & I have used the heck out of them.

Santa's bring'n the 797!
    :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Richard, I knew you like the hummingbird pretty well....just a lot of money to invest and wanted to see if after having yours a while you still liked it. I'll be giving you a hollar soon buddy.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Humminbird 997. Here is a shot from yesterday. Crappie hanging on bridge pillings. Each consists of two pillars and a cross member.

I idled by and scanned 8 pillings. Only two showed fish. I caught some, but they were all small.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I would get the 797 si! Best buy I made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishelite 640c with gps

Fishelite 640c with gps

I have gotten one that has been used one time that I would sell for $475 with the hot spots map for an extra $50. Only used one time. Bought it and just would rather have the money I guess. New it would cost you 569.99 plus tax without the maps. Nothing wrong with it. Just thinking about selling.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the 787 c2i and have been impressed overall.

Satellite acquisition is a bit slow when first started and GPS is a bit sluggish to show heading changes, but these are not big minuses in my book.

I did get the Navionics maps package with the unit but I have not been on a lake which is covered by them yet.

Only reason I didn't go with the 797 was money. It was just a touch too much for me to fork out at the time.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged