Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Belleville Lake 13" and 14" SLABS!!!!

ProfessorCrappieArkansas Guest

Default Belleville Lake 13" and 14" SLABS!!!!

While fishing the other day from the bank, I was able to land (3) 13" and (4) 14" crappies. The other 16 crappies were in between the 10.5" to 12" range... The majority of my fish were caught in the open water just outside of the "BIG" bridge and the "LITTLE" bridge respectfully.

The battle took place between, 4a.m. until 10:30a.m. Guys am new to this crappie site. I do not have a camera at this time. However, I am working on it. The largest crappie ever caught by me was under the "BIG" bridge in Belleville... [ 15.5" ] That same day, I landed 2 more @ 14"...

So, I was thinking the other day that I was on my way to a historic wall hanger of 17 inches or more. Why do so many people I meet, believe that there are no quality fish in Belleville??? I've been using plastics for years and has always caught quality crappies. My main focus is to catch crappies.

Anything else, is truly a bonus fish. Oh, by the way, I was using a tube with silver flakes and a white skirt. Four pound test line. I will be back this Sunday... Early in the morning. Good fishing to all. "Arkansas"

Post Thanks / Like

has been a few years , but I fished a cusa tourn on bellville and did quite well, caught several fish in the 13 to 14 inch range , so I am sure there are bigger ones there.
    glad to see you on the board, welcome....
    be sure to post some pics when you do get a camera, most everyone likes to see pics of them big ole slabs
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some nice fish
    "Take Life one fish at a time"