Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: marabou

Post Thanks / Like

Default marabou

Where can a person buy strung marabou in large amounts? Thanks.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd check Barlows or Cabelas.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas has the best price good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Cabelas sells it by the ounce and they have the best quality I have found.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirk,

I just cheched out your website. Good work. I especially like your blog feature on how to fish a jig. You are right when you say any jig works as long as it has some chartreuse in it.

I see you grew up in Southeast Oklahoma. Was Jimmy Houston one of your mentors who got you into fishing?
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Get in touch with M. Shwartz and Son in Haupaug New York. He handles any amount you want. He also has ddecents prices that beat the pants off Cabelas and all others.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Barlows has it. Great stuff there. Also Cabelas, Janns and JSflyfishing have it.
    www.barlowstackle.com
    www.jannsnetcraft.com
    www.jsflyfishing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    Dirk,

I just cheched out your website. Good work. I especially like your blog feature on how to fish a jig. You are right when you say any jig works as long as it has some chartreuse in it.

I see you grew up in Southeast Oklahoma. Was Jimmy Houston one of your mentors who got you into fishing?

Thanks for stopping by, I need to update the blog just haven't made time to lately. No, my father is to blame for starting me fishing. I doubt he thought he thought about the monster he was creating at that time :-) I grew up fishing alot of farm ponds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ragfly Jig Man
    Get in touch with M. Shwartz and Son in Haupaug New York. He handles any amount you want. He also has ddecents prices that beat the pants off Cabelas and all others.
    All that I see on there site.http://www.mschwartzfeather.com/ is a Marabou Boas are two yards long and about 2 3/4" in diameter. They are available in white, black, and a variety of colors.

Marabou Strings are two yards long and about 1 3/4" in diameter. They are available in white, black and a variety of colors.
    Can this be used for jig tying also?

Also like imajigger2 I also would like to know if theres someone that sells the strung marabou? Not in just the 1/4 oz or 1 oz like most charge. Shoot from one place to others. There a bid Difference in the prices
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Its been a while since the last time I ordered from Michaelf Schwartz. I ordered my feathers a pound at a time because I had a jig business. I don't think he sold strung marabou but for the price you can't beat it. What I got was not strung, it came in a brtown paper bag in one pound increments. All marabou. I would say that is the cheapest way to go in the long run.