Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Simple maintenance saves headaches.....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Simple maintenance saves headaches.....

Cleaning you electronic gadgets can say you a lot of problems. Here is how I clean my stuff on a regular basis.

1. I remove the unit and take it in the house and allow it to come to room temperature.

2. I pour a small pan of lukewarm water and add a small amount of soft soap to the water.

3. I use a medium grade toothbrush and scrub the buttons and surrounding area. Do not scrub the screen with the brush.

4. I then rinse the scrubbed area to remove soap (using tooth brush to help with rinsing).

5. I place unit in a drying rack (face down) and let dry.

6. I then clean the screen with screen wipes and dry with the hi tech rag.

Note: My electronics stuff has precedence over anything on the kitchen table. House rule.

Note: This is a periodical cleaning; not every time I use the units.

It is important to keep you buttons clean. One stuck or sticking button can cause the unit to function improperly or even fail. Sticky buttons suck.

I also do this with my TV remote and my cell phone, etc. Just don't over do the water.Use water sparingly. Rinse these devices with clean water. Apply rinse with toothbrush. Slowly. Let drip dry before use. Use common sense. Be sure to remove batteries!!!!
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 10-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I`m to lazy! I fish too much on free time! I hope my 797 doesn`t tear up do to this. I do clean the screen every trip with Cleaning Dr screen cleaning solution spraying lightly on a rag.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ha Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    I`m to lazy! I fish too much on free time! I hope my 797 doesn`t tear up do to this. I do clean the screen every trip with Cleaning Dr screen cleaning solution spraying lightly on a rag.
    I guess I musta learned something in the military. Keep your gun clean. Life might depend on it. I guess it stuck with me.

I woulda called it a piece, but you that know, know..ha
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 10-27-2007 at 10:52 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"