Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Jackson SLABS

fishNhard Guest

Talking Lake Jackson SLABS

Just had to get on the lake today! Took a vacation day and started early this morning.Caught some nice slabs one over 15 inches.Caught them all trolling hal flys black/white and red/green on main lake points 20' of water about 10' off the bottom.Well I filled my 5 gallon bucket and went home and cleaned. I took some pictures to post but my wife used an old 35mm camera. That was the wrong thing to do.After the one hour photo the pictures did not turn out at all! I wont do that again!Water temp is 51-52 degrees. They are getting ready to head to the banks. Maybe two weeks if the weather stays warm. :D :D :D

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

cant find any hal-flies.some one told me that they went out of buisness
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a few in the older baitshops around West Point lake. You may be right about them going out of business, seems like the are getting scarce. They sure work good tightlined on suspended cappie in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishNhard
    Just had to get on the lake today! Took a vacation day and started early this morning.Caught some nice slabs one over 15 inches.Caught them all trolling hal flys black/white and red/green on main lake points 20' of water about 10' off the bottom.Well I filled my 5 gallon bucket and went home and cleaned. I took some pictures to post but my wife used an old 35mm camera. That was the wrong thing to do.After the one hour photo the pictures did not turn out at all! I wont do that again!Water temp is 51-52 degrees. They are getting ready to head to the banks. Maybe two weeks if the weather stays warm. :D :D :D
    Last time I was up that way it appeared the water was down at least 5 ft......is it still the same or has it come back up now???
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a new one out that looks a lot like it by spike it . super flly . www.ispikeit.com
    http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/teezur.htm this lady has some good ones too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hal Fly is still in business. Still made in Warner Robins. Chucks Bait and Tackle has a good selection of them. Chucks usually has an add in GON magazine and you can mail order them (I think).
    Jiffy Jigs are like Halflies but to me are made a little better, more feathers and the eye usually isn't full of paint. I got some at the Fish-a-rama back in February. I like them. :D

http://www.jiffyjigs.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Hal Fliesare still available. was at the sportscenter down in perry yesterday, had a good selection of them. chucks bait and tackle in warner robins also has a good selection of hal flies, and as previously mentioned he does run an ad in GON so you can order them by mail.

Post Thanks / Like

thinks for the info will look in the latest isue of G O N and if no one has any i will order some lin the color i want . a frind of mine runs a bait shop and she said her suplier said that they went out of buisness . going to lake blacksher tomorrow will check over there . the last time i was at arrowhead bait& tackle they didnt have any that i could find in the plave . i will ask in the morning when i stop in there for minnows. papasage

dawgdaze Guest

If you are ever driving down 341 south through Chauncey, stop by the bp station. I buy all my jiffy jigs there for 4.50 a card. All colors.

fishNhard Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Last time I was up that way it appeared the water was down at least 5 ft......is it still the same or has it come back up now???

On presidents day it was down about 6' with all the rain it is still down about 3' as of Thursday 3rd. The are generating like crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast