Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where To Find Something Besides Green???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where To Find Something Besides Green???

I'm looking for some fishing line in some color other than green. I go to Wally World & look at Spiderwire. Moss Green only. I check BPS website or catalog. Moss Green. Sten mono at WW. Moss Green, (& original blue) etc. etc.

On a Sam Heaton Crappie DVD he uses WHITE spiderwire. I could see that. Wally Marshall sells reels with bright yellow line. I could see that. But I can't find it to buy.

Any suggestions?

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Stren Hi-Vis Gold

Post Thanks / Like

Just get a yellow or white marker and lay all your line out straight in an open area. Then get a bunch of cardboard. Put this underneath all the line. Then take your marker and run it along all the line. Then flip the line over. And do the other side. Then reel the line back onto the spool. Wa la....problem taken care of.

I would type in power pro in a search engine and look at all the stores that sell it. One of them has to have a different color. You would think anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Right Power Pro. That's the other one. I looked at it at WW today. The only color they had was.... guess. Moss Green.

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dick's Sporting goods...

...went there last week had several colors in various brands..yellow,red,blue,clear,hi-vis,lo-vis and your favorite green..
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

BPS has Wally Marshall Hi Viz. Click on BPS link at top and then enter "Wally Marshall Hi Viz line" in search box. Its Bright yellow and I used it for the first time last weekend and I really liked it.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually you should search for "bass pro shops mr. crappie line" that will do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fiddle, I found it at BPS as you said. The advertisement says its for dawn, dusk & night fishing. Do you think crappie would see it & avoid it in clear water during the daytime? If so, what about the Berkley Vanish Transition line. That may be a better way to go & they do have that at WW.

Opinions, anyone?

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

I have some 4# transition but when I put it on and used it, it seemed like it got twisted up worse. I assume I put it on wrong. The reel I bought came with a spool of the mr. crappie line on it so I changed spools and was happy with it. I could see the transition line pretty good too and the theory about it dissappearing was a good marketing pitch cause thats why I bought it. Transition line IMO is too expensive to have it wasted in a big twisted up knot. Mr crappie line is cheaper so I'll probably buy that from now on. As for them seeing the line, I personally don't fish water that I believe is clear enough for them to see the line so I really don't know. When the water gets pretty clear around here its usually in the backs of creeks about this time of year or earlier and the fish usually haven't moved back in there yet. I think them saying it was for dawn, dusk, and night was their ploy to get you to buy the Mr. Crappie Camo line. Cause I saw Mr. Crappie catching 'em in the daylight on TV using the Hi viz line.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation colored lines ....(hi vis)

Ande comes in pink, hi vis green, hi vis fluor. yellow

Power Pro comes in hi vis yellow

Suffix comes in yellow & tangerine

Stren comes in gold

Maxima comes in red

Penn IGFA line comes in yellow & blue

Berkley Ironsilk comes in Solar Mint (hi vis green)

Cajun comes in red

Take your pick !! ...............cp

ps - here's a short article that you might want to read, too. --- http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine...0408_BitsLine/
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-05-2005 at 05:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast