Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need some expert advice

Post Thanks / Like

Smile need some expert advice

I have a medical problem, I wont go into that. heres what I need . Is there a way to ground a portable plastic gas tank, it weights almost 50 lbs full, which is far over my restriction.Any help will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

im not sure i understand the question totally. are you asking how to electrically ground a plastic tank?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume you are concerned with static electricity. If you can't drill holes in it to make it permanent, make a wire with battery clips on each end and attach one to the tank and the other to ground.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

that's the way we ground metal 55 gallon drums at work, the drums are filled with 180 or 190 proof alcohol. We only use a gallon or two at a time, so when your getting it, it has to be grounded. Ten gauge wire and two battery clips...

Post Thanks / Like

Default static

Believe me, I know about some of the effects of static electricity.I was a hydrogen pl;ant operator, and would always make sure I discharged myself from static. Thats why i am concerned about the plastic gas tank.