Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Temps are falling fast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Temps are falling fast

Not too many days ago the water temp was in the lower 70's. Today they were flirting with the lower range of the 60's. The crappie seem to be really stacking up on the condos and if we don't jump straight to winter we should have several more weeks of fall feeding.

Jerry, Jim and myself went out today scouting some areas of the lake we haven't fished in a few days. We ended up with a nice mess of crappie. The longest, a white crappie male (had a little color to him) was 16-inches and weighed 1lb.15oz. The biggest black crappie was 14.5-inches and tipped the scales at 1lb.10oz. We probably caught as many if not more on jigs today. That is a good sign and they were aggressive, smacking that jig pretty hard most times. Another good sign is they are moving into the creek arms more now. Anyway, I had a great time with some good friends.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Glad to see the guides had a day to fish for themselves. You can't lose. If you have clients, you can pay bills. If you don't, you still can catch something to eat.:D
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darrell,
    Congrats on your new sponsor. You have already been using the best poles. Now you can start bragging about them. LOL
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Hey Darrell,
    Congrats on your new sponsor. You have already been using the best poles. Now you can start bragging about them. LOL
    Thanks Richard and you're right I do have to brag a little about the rods we're now using. There are many really good crappie poles on the market and they all have great features. But, from experience the BnM's Wizard rod (the one with your signature on it) is the best I've used for our hovering technique.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]