Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Attention Jeff White

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attention Jeff White

Rule change to HELP our children

The suggestion to allow a youth to fish with a 2 person team in all events is a very good idea. If the number of rods remains at 8 per team, there would be NO advantage given to a team with a youth on board, but it might help a youth get hooked on fishing, and that is a good thing. Since different states have different youth age limits, It may be best to simply say a youth is defined as an individual that is not required to have a license at the tournament location, AND is under age 16. Having a youth on board may even be a disadvantage to the team; since the youth would require supervision and help depending on age. As long as the rod limit per team stayed the same, I will gladly support this rule change and would encourage others to do the same. I would love to be able to include my grandaughter and/or grandson in our tournament trips. What better way to learn? What do ya'll think ???

Posted: 10/25/07 by Jerry L Culberson 69.131.216.226

The info above was posted on Crappie USA message board by one of its members.

Hello Jeff,
    I have met you a couple of times. Once at a Tezzur Tournment several years ago and again this month at the Mississippi get together. I have been excited about this new rule change for Crappie USA. Its gives me a chance to take my wife and son or son and friend fishing in a tournament. The entry fee is only 75 bucks for Crappie USA. A good way to spend the weekend together. I had such good time in Mississippi with the boys. Anyway, I am not a crappie usa member, YET, so I can't post on the board. Would you please post a message for me thanking them for the new 3rd person rule.
    Thanks,

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, no problem. I hope they have a sense of humor about my reply
    to the original post. I have thought this might be a way for me to get out
    of a predicament if my oldest started fishing them with me, with this I
    think the younger sister could ride along. I gotta run, but I'll be glad to
    post something for you first thing in the morning - Jeff
    Shoals Area Crappie Association