Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cuivre River?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cuivre River?

Anyone been fishing the Cuivre River at Old Monroe?

Post Thanks / Like

I live in O'Fallon and never actually went on the river since I moved here a year a cople years ago. I took a drive down to Old Monroe today to check the Cuivre out. I went down a gravel road along the Cuivre and saw a small boat ramp with a $5 pay shack there. There was one truck/trailer in the small lot. I have to say, the water there looked better than I imagined it would. Are there other ramps around Old Monroe and is the fishing decent in Cuivre? I need to check it out sometime, but I've never been much of a river fisherman. I also saw a boat ramp out of St. Peters on (I think) highway C or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I went friday morning. Put in at old monroe. Caught two. It was my first time there. The river was high from the rains butwas starting to go down. I'm guessing next weekend things should get better.
    I fished a couple sloughs above Hardin, Ill. on the Illinois river the last few weeks and have done very well. This weekend things were slow but once the water goes down it should pick back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Size...

Cub, any size?

Post Thanks / Like

Three weeks ago I caught monsters. Not many, 5 or 6 a trip, but the were big. The last few weeks they've been getting smaller but still all keepers. Sorry I don't measure them. The biggest around 14 in. smaller ones 10 in.
    I'm going to go today and tomorrow. I'm going to try the Mississippi also. I'll let ya now. Hope to see ya on the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cubby

let me konw how you do...it's getting to be just about right for the Cuivre.
    Did you fish the old bridge down by the log jams?

Post Thanks / Like

cuivre river brings back some fine memories.Biggest catfish i ever caught was out of that river,50lb flathead.I grew up a few miles north of there in elsberry.we used to spend the weekends in the spring camped out on a sand bar over by troy running limblines all weekend long.i live in florida now and sure miss that ole river.