Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone fishing open water yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fishing open water yet?

Just went past my home lake today the deeper end is all ice free. There is still ice on the upper end but I dont fish that anyways. After ice out do most of you PA guys still fish deep, on cover, or what? Plan on sinking some condos during this down time when theres not many people out and about, then around mid april I plan on fishing hard up thru the spawn. Goodluck to everyone who fishes after this ice out

Post Thanks / Like

Do you call Opposum your home lake? I've looked at that body of water for years on the map, just never made the drive to it. 59 acres with three ramps just seems a little "busy" for my taste. Does it receive much pressure?

No wet lines yet for me - I didn't even make warm water this winter.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, not yet. There is still plenty of icefishing left to do. I am going to be out somewhere crappie fishing thru the ice this weekend. Hopefully I will have some pictures. I still have to post some of the pictures from the last time I was out. I will try to do that this weekend.
    Good luck and tightlines if you do get out.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Zig, I was actually referring to Pinchot as my home water. It and Opossum are about a 15 minute drive for me, but i'm sure you have heard of the jumbo slabs that can be caught at Pinchot. As far as pressure in Opossum you are absolutely correct. 59 acres isnt that big and even with the 3 ramps the wait to put in and take out can sometimes be long. Theres alot more room to roam around at Pinchot, and get away

Post Thanks / Like

There is some open water on shenango but there is still a good amount of ice on the lake as well. We have thought about hittin the open water by the marina but we never did. Still goin out on the ice and we probably will until it is unsafe.

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneck steel
    There is some open water on shenango but there is still a good amount of ice on the lake as well. We have thought about hittin the open water by the marina but we never did. Still goin out on the ice and we probably will until it is unsafe.

REDNECK
    Whereabout will you be? I'm coming out this afternoon for a few hours but dont want to be the only one in the area i want to fish. north of swim beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wish I would have read this post sooner. I went out yesterday evening at golden run and got nothing. I went this afternoon/evening with my buddy at the celery farm and got nothing. Everybody I talked to said the same thing, "they got lockjaw." The one guy said this is the first trip to shenango in which he hasn't gotten a crappie big or small. The lake is dead in my opinion. I wasn't at the swim beach today but a guy I talked to said there was alot of guys there this morning and they weren't doin very good. I think my dad and I are going to Wilhelm tomorrow but we aren't sure yet.

REDNECK

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Redneck, chestnut run gate at 8:am. I'll show you where they are. Minnows and waxworms.

Post Thanks / Like

We are thinking of going out sunday morning. We'll try to have minnows but we usually have maggots and waxies. The river is lower than it has been, all 7 gates at 1.5ft each. It looked good today when we went over it.

REDNECK

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say, we usually get to the lake between 7-7:30am. Will that be a problem?

REDNECK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast