Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just wondering if anyones interested

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just wondering if anyones interested

I was looking and saw that some of you tie deer hair jigs. What part of the deer is the best place to get the hair from or do you just use all? Anyway im not a jig tier (YET) and was thinking that me or my Son, or both, will probably get a deer this year and if anybody is interested I will send them some hair. Maybe you might make me a jig or two with some of it. Anyway I figured I would ask.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I know alot of people use the tail hair. That's what I use. Don't know about the rest.
    It's not a passion! It's A very bad obsession!

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucktail is the best for tying jigs. The body is good for tying flies like bass bugs.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the tail. If you send me a few be sure and cure it with salt and borax before shipping it to me. The post office frowns on raw meat being sent. Thanks.

I mostly use marabou and/or kip because most of the tying I do is for crappie and bream. They undulate and move better in the water imitating something that is alive. Occasionally someone will want a bucktail jig though.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PM Skiptomylou also about the deer tails

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    I was looking and saw that some of you tie deer hair jigs. What part of the deer is the best place to get the hair from or do you just use all? Anyway im not a jig tier (YET) and was thinking that me or my Son, or both, will probably get a deer this year and if anybody is interested I will send them some hair. Maybe you might make me a jig or two with some of it. Anyway I figured I would ask.

PM Skiptomylou also about the deer tails. He is a friend of mine and I am sure he will also gladly take some bucktails off your hand. Shoot him a PM.

Thanks again.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ship I am interested in some bucktails and thanks for the heads up!

If you have any extra or if anyone that you hunt with has any extra I would love to get the tails and or belly hair.

Oh and ditto what Ship said about the borax & salt and then let them dry out. If you send some belly hair do the same ting and tack it to a board to dry stretched out a little. I am also getting into what they call spinning deer hair that I would use the belly for.

Thanks for asking,

Skip

PS yes I would be glad to tie you a few jigs to fish with for you and your son and as I have told you before I want to again thank you for your service!
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 10-24-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

i use the belly hair-it works great--cabelas or bp has it--i cant remember where i got it---seemed like i didnt waste as much
    Get the net!