Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not Fishing but Great Time With Daughter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Fishing but Great Time With Daughter

Yesterday I decided to start teaching my 12 year old Daughter how to drive. I am starting her a little later than my others (guess the dread of her getting older). Well I started her on a farm to market road. I stopped the truck, get in the middle seat and tell her to hop in the drivers seat. I have her hit the break like she has to stop quick then I had her ease the break like she was stoping at a stop sign. She did great so we drive out to the farm. I have her drive into the pasture and to 2 of my hog traps. I bait them and tell her to drive to the other pasture. Well since shes driving guess what? DADDY is the gate man. I open the gate and she eases thru. We drive around the pasture to the back pasture. When we pull around a bunch of mesquite, theres a big 8 point buck and a doe eating corn at the deer feeder. Well next to it is one other hog trap. I put corn in it and she drives to the corner where the last trap is. We pull up and theres a big covey of quail eating the last of the day befores corn in the trap. We watch them until they leave and I put corn in that trap. Well she drove back to the gate and Daddy opened the gate back up and she drives thru it with hands gripped on the steering wheel so hard I think she dented it hehe. I close it and she drives down the dirt road and to the FM Road and to the end of it to the main highway. I get out and go around and get back in the drivers seat and that little girl looks at me and with a huge smile tells me she had the best time ever. Now folks this may not be fishing but by golly I love that little fart and she sure did bring a tear to the old mans eye.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT job Dad! They grow way too fast. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

She Will Remember That The Rest Of Her Life. Keep Being A Good Dad. Not Many Daughters Get To Spend That Kind Of Time With Their Pop. May Not Be Fishing Story But Enjoyed It All The Same. Thanks.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That was great. You have a nice family from your posts, and some beautiful daughters.

Can't help but grin though... I kept waiting on her to run yer butt over. :p
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

hehe Well it was funny while going down the FM Road we met a truck and she bout near went all the way into the ditch to get out of the way. I grabbed the wheel and got us straight and there was another truck comming. I talked her thru it and told her to just stay on her side of the yellow line and she would be ok. She did great. It sure was fun.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. Reminded me of when I was small and learning. Started off driving the tractor while we were gathering bails of hay and that progressed into doing a little bush hogging. From there it was on to bigger and better things. Now that I have two small boys, looks like I'm going to have to buy a farm just so I can have a place to teach them how to drive. Can't just turn em loose out in the street where we live now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstlovtofish
    Great story. Reminded me of when I was small and learning. Started off driving the tractor while we were gathering bails of hay and that progressed into doing a little bush hogging. From there it was on to bigger and better things. Now that I have two small boys, looks like I'm going to have to buy a farm just so I can have a place to teach them how to drive. Can't just turn em loose out in the street where we live now.
    hehe you saying bush hog reminds me of something. I live here in North Texas but am from South East Texas. Down there we always called it bush hog and we also fished in ponds. Up here they call it shred and they fish in tanks lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    Yesterday I decided to start teaching my 12 year old Daughter how to drive. I am starting her a little later than my others (guess the dread of her getting older). Well I started her on a farm to market road. I stopped the truck, get in the middle seat and tell her to hop in the drivers seat. I have her hit the break like she has to stop quick then I had her ease the break like she was stoping at a stop sign. She did great so we drive out to the farm. I have her drive into the pasture and to 2 of my hog traps. I bait them and tell her to drive to the other pasture. Well since shes driving guess what? DADDY is the gate man. I open the gate and she eases thru. We drive around the pasture to the back pasture. When we pull around a bunch of mesquite, theres a big 8 point buck and a doe eating corn at the deer feeder. Well next to it is one other hog trap. I put corn in it and she drives to the corner where the last trap is. We pull up and theres a big covey of quail eating the last of the day befores corn in the trap. We watch them until they leave and I put corn in that trap. Well she drove back to the gate and Daddy opened the gate back up and she drives thru it with hands gripped on the steering wheel so hard I think she dented it hehe. I close it and she drives down the dirt road and to the FM Road and to the end of it to the main highway. I get out and go around and get back in the drivers seat and that little girl looks at me and with a huge smile tells me she had the best time ever. Now folks this may not be fishing but by golly I love that little fart and she sure did bring a tear to the old mans eye.
    I hope some day I can say that I'm as good a daddy as you are. by our posts the average person couldn't tell thea we are proud papas
    Stinkies Daddy