Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: She caught the bug

Post Thanks / Like

Default She caught the bug

Well I am happy to say that after 7 great years of marriage my wife finally caught the fishing bug from me yesterday. I took her out Bass fishing last night and had her casting a ribbon tail worm up in the grass which which dropped off to about 8 feet of water. I was helping our 2 1/2 year old with his Scoobie Doo fishing pole when from behind me I hear. "babe... Babe....BABE" hahaha I turn around thinking there was a snake coming towards us to find out she's playing about a 2 lb bass. About 1/2 hour later while I'm trying my hardest not to be outfished and listening to her brag about catching a fish before me the back of the boat goes silent. I turn around and he's done it again, the days tally was her 2 and me ZERO. So now she is calling everyone in the family bragging about our fishing trip. And with a tear in my eye I knew she caught the bug today when she asked me "Honey when can we go fishing again?" :D

Post Thanks / Like

hehe you got her hooked. My Wife loves to fish but shes scared of the boat but we go and fish the crappie house and all and we really enjoy it.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Bet that if you take her crappie fishin', she'd really put a whuppin' on you. :D Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Did that to my wife with stripers. I could not crappie fish for a month after that. Got to go fishing a lot more than normal then though. Enjoy it. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

wish mine would fish, but she just sits there like a blob
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like family fun. (enjoy it)
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

I have been married for over 30 years and my wife went with me to her sis's pond (1st time she has fished) and out fished me with red ears. So I figured I would take her to the lake and we would skip piers for crappie. Well crappie were not hitting so we went for gills and she did it again! It is great to see her having fun with me. Oh yeh she did tell every one she has out fished me twice! LOL
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Well we are going out tonight for Crappie to fill the freezer. I usually only keep half a dozen but like most of everyones lakes my freezer went bone dry for Crappie. It's been about two months sinse I've tasted one and I'm starting to get that withdrawl twitch really bad. I talked to two different couples who caught over 60 last night so when I told the misses about it she got that look in her eye and I knew she was up for it. Now if I can only get her to take her own fish off the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out last night and caught around 60, of which only seven made the 9 in limit. The bugs were to bad so I had to take the wife and little one home early. I went back out and thats when I caught most of the fish. I was using my thermocell and it just wasnt keeping the bugs away. The bugs werent biting but they were flying all over us, in our ears up our nose just thousands of them. We fished off the dock where the lights were so next time I think we will take the boat and go out into the lake and keep our light signature above water down but still use the dock light to attract the minnows.