Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look Out For SNAKES!!!! Chapter 2

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Look Out For SNAKES!!!! Chapter 2

This is a follow up to my snake delima.

The other day after I posted I decided to turn on the radio in the camper real loud & let it play all night & maybe the snake would leave. The next morning my Lab & I went out to check things out. She/we looked things over & decided the snake had given way, so I started back cleaning.

I vacumed the carpets & decided I was gonna shampoo them too. While I was getting the shampooer ready a van pulled up in the driveway and a young man got out. He was a big, strap'n African American young man. Very polite. He asked if he could dimonstrate a vacum/carpet shampooer.

He was a nice guy and said he got paid by the demo so I said "young fella, you showed up at just the right time!" "I was just about to shampoo the carpets in that camper." " You're welcome to give it a shot if you want to."

He got every thing put together and started his demonstration. I have to say the vacum was do'n a darn good job. I had just vacumed & he was get'n all kinds of sand and such out of the carpet.

After a while he wanted to demonstrate the hose attachment. I told his that I hadn't gotten under the couch yet and that there had been mice in the camper and you know what they leave behind. I told him that we could lift the seat (it folds out into a bed) to get to the underneath.

He got over the couch & started lifting up the seat. I was standing behind him asking if he need any help. The next thing I know I hear "SNAAAAKE!!!" & I'm on my butt nearly in the bedroom! I haven't been hit that hard since I played highschool football!!! This fella's about 6' 1" & about 220# and he jumped back and spun & accidently cought me with a shoulder block that would have made any NFL highlight film!

Needless to say the demonstration was over! I just thought I was afraid of snakes! This poor fella was terrified!

I felt so bad I bought the darn vacum cleaner; cost me $1300 bucks!

I waited until the next morning when it was cool (so he couldn't move too fast) and went out in the camper & got him out before he cost me anymore money!

Now I really hate snakes!
    Last edited by Wiskers; 03-09-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,now that is a story ! Hope the vacuum serves you well.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

:D whiskers, Aint it funny how how alot of us fishermen&women are scared of snakes!!Me I"d rather take a beatin as have one in the boat with me.It"s happened once and the urge to abandon ship was real strong till I REMEMBERED i was in 20 ft. of water!! LOL-couldnt get to shore quick enough,Then Mr. Snake got his. Hope your new vacum is nice-might have a snake eatin attachment!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats funny,but a expensive shampoo job. Can`t stand ( Mr.Noshoulder) myself.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

HEHE That was very funny. Need to send that to Readers Digest.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

You have gave me an idea to get me a snake just for the door to door sales people.
    But, I do have sympathy for your delima with a snake in the camper. I used to take care of a company hunting lease in South Texas. One year while closing the camp for the year, I found a ratteler's shedded skin under a matteress. Just the sight would have given a few heart attacks with the groups I took hunting.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

This is the second year in a row that I've found a chicken snake in this camper! I wonder if it's the same one that was in there this time last year. I know one thing; my heart can't take much more of this! :D

I have had a terrible time keep'n this a secret form my wife. If she even thought that there had ever been a snake in that camper she #1. Would never set foot in it again. #2 Make me sell it & buy another one and I can't aford that after buying a $1300 vacum cleaner!

The only good thing about all this is she loves the new vac! :D

Oh, and I'm gonna look into that snake eat'n attachment! Heck it might have one it's got everything else.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. I, myself, do't mind snakes. I have, however, knocked a few people down getting away from a spider.

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, a cousin of mine worked at the Okeefenokee swamp park in Fargo, Ga. A fellow that had rented a boat didn't come back when he said he would so they went looking for him. They found him hugging a cypress tree.
    He said that a mocassin had fallen into the boat with him. Just as he was about to abandon ship he thought about the gators and decided to fight it out with the snake. One sharp swing with the edge of a paddle killed the snake and knocked a hole in the bottom of the boat, so he had to swim anyway.:D

CrappieDan

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like somthing that would happen to me. I'm not afraid of snakes if i know their there. If I step on one I remind myself of bill dance, if I just see one I will walk around it and keep going or up to it if its not a copperhead,rattler,mocosin, black snakes dont bother me at all. The guy knocking you out of the way is just funny sounds like me and spiders if i see one i go nuts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast