Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Depthfinders, computers and women

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depthfinders, computers and women

SwampDog, here is my take on choosing a depthfinder.

Depthfinders are like computers and women. My first depthfinder was a Lowrance "red box" about 40 years ago and I have had many Lowrances, Humminbirds, Garmins, Dells, Compacs, Sues and Marilyns along the way. Every new one has been fantastic for 2 or 3 years, then the new stuff makes what I have seem like an old wreck that I just can't live with anymore. It happens every 2 or 3 years even though I have always had only quality pieces. To save money, I have tried cheap knock offs, but they were never satisfying. So as expensive as it is, I buy the best I can afford. At least changing depthfinders doesn't cost near as much as changing women or even computers.

Unless you can afford any flashy package that catches your eye, start the selection process by deciding what you can afford as opposed to what you wish you could get. At a given price point similar packages are offered by blonds, redheads and brunettes, as well as by the main brands of depthfinders and computers. The higher the price point, the better you get: e.g. a better display over a small structure. At the low end they all offer about the same basic service. Some will tell you that Lowrances, Dells or blondes are best, but they will all provide what you want if you are willing to pay. For example, if you want versatility, e.g. to probe every detail from top to bottom, it will cost a lot more. Only you can decide what is the best bang for your buck.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I love women, computers, and depthfinders. :D I might add that I got my eye on a state of the art computer that also serves as a entertainment center. Not only can you surf the net in your lazyboy with the infrared mouse and keyboard, listen to your favorite music in the surround sound speakers that come with it, watch and store your favorite fishing program on your hard drive, you can edit the video tape you made of the big catch you made, and then burn it on DVDs to send to your friends all over the country. I won't talk about the woman I have my eye on but she can afford to give me my new computer for my birthday. I did get a functional depth finder this week. LOL.
    Last edited by unknown 5; 03-03-2005 at 08:31 AM.