Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bartlet's Ferry 03/02/05

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bartlet's Ferry 03/02/05

Didn't get to the lake until almost 4pm.I was amazed the water temp in lake harding was down to 53 today. Less than a week ago I was finding 63 degree water up in the creeks. First time on the lake since last thursday. Crappie had lockjaw. They were back to 25-35 ft water today. That was around my condos. I never located any that were not on a condo. The shallow cover I dropped had nothing, not even at 16'. Dang Hybrids love the drop in temp. I caught about 15. I hate them. When they are feeding in an area crappie get the hell out of there. If I knew of a lake without them I would fish there everytime I could. I finally got a few to bite when I headed out toward the main river and ran over a school under some shad. This was in 45+ open water between the power lines and the old road point. I got 7 keepers before they lost me. Right before dark I tied under the long bridge. A few small stripes were the first to bite. I hate em. Striper.
    Darkness fell and the lights were in effect before the first crappie bit 1.5-2lbs. I had 6 more keepers and made it back home before 9pm. 10"+ is my keepers. So thats 5 hrs to catch 15+ stripes/hybrids, no whites or green carp, and 26 crappie fillets(13 fish). I had a great time. The wind settled before dark and the water was smooth for the sunset. Great therapy for anyone.
    Then my wife says the sheriff brought me a summons to jury duty today.She said it is a murder trial. Why me? Not in march. no way.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Just go in for your jury duty and tell them that you are for the death penalty and that you are pro lawenforcement and can take one look at someone and tell instantly if they are guilty [besides they wouldn't be charged if they were innocent]. You won't be there long! See you at the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reelcrappie
    Just go in for your jury duty and tell them that you are for the death penalty and that you are pro lawenforcement and can take one look at someone and tell instantly if they are guilty [besides they wouldn't be charged if they were innocent]. You won't be there long! See you at the lake.
    That would probably work for you!!!!

You can be fishing by mid-afternoon at the latest!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>