Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Trolling Rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Trolling Rods?

Surfing tonight found a new rod I've never seen before. They are Zebco slab seekers. Look like 10' & 12" two piece with foam handles. Couldn't find a picture to see if there is a reel seat. Has 8 eyelets + tip. Found a site where they can be purchased for $12.15 ea. Might be a cheap starter pole(s) for those getting into spider rigging.

Anybody heard of these or used them?

Post Thanks / Like

I sure have seen them around and I dont think the price you found is that special for them. I think BPS has them but maybe not. I though about them but just went with WM's instead. There is also a matching reel maybe

Post Thanks / Like

I also looked at one. And I did not like it.
    Lets go fishing. Can't believe I'm passing up a day like today and not fishing. 55 degrees and no wind and the sun is out.
    Did make it out to hook up the boat, But thats as far as my back would let me get today.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default maybe to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy
    Surfing tonight found a new rod I've never seen before. They are Zebco slab seekers. Look like 10' & 12" two piece with foam handles. Couldn't find a picture to see if there is a reel seat. Has 8 eyelets + tip. Found a site where they can be purchased for $12.15 ea. Might be a cheap starter pole(s) for those getting into spider rigging.

I looked at them at the fishing show in Raleigh and they are fiberglass rods - with the reel they had them at the show for $19.95 - I looked at them but I think the rods would easily break- I would spend about $10 more and get a much better rod - I put the zebco micro underspins on them and they work great
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at these very close and in my opinion I dont think you could swing to many mediocore fish in the boat before the really limber tip breaks I have bought 2 of the depth finder reels to try at longlining jigs to get right back to the same lenght of line out the reels appear to be a-ok I live right here next to Zebco in the Tulsa area and a little birdy told me a new line of rods are coming out that will go to 14 foot real soon so stay tuned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy

I would spend the extra couple dollars as well and get better rods.....you really do get what you pay for......would you rather buy this one for 12.15 and have it break and have to buy another or just start off with one for $ 18 - 20.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>