Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just When I Thought I Had It

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Just When I Thought I Had It

I was on Walker Lake today fishing for Crappie and Bream when this particular fish kept messing with my jig. I had already boated 26 nice crappies and was putting things away getting ready to go home and watch some football and the Cleveland Indians tonight and decided the last rod could just wait a while. The float kept a bobbin and I figured he was hooked pretty good so I continued my cleanup. When I finally got to bringing that rod in, there was a 14.5 inch female crappie at the end of it. I know because she shot eggs into the boat. My heart was telling me to let her go and make more babies. I kept going back and forth as to whether to keep her or not and finally decided that she was just too nice a fish not to eat. I asked my friend to open the livewell and tossed the fish to it.

You guessed it, I missed and he did not retrieve it before that rascal flipped and flopped right off the back of the boat and into the water. I could have sworn that fish made one last jump saying "I'm free....praise the Lord I'm free." That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D :D :D :D :p
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 10-21-2007 at 06:02 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess in this instance the choice was made for you before you even picked up the rod. good story btw
    Stinkies Daddy