Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 787c2i Combo xducer choice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 787c2i Combo xducer choice

I just ordered a new Humminbird 787c2i Combo and I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has experience using the DualBeam PLUS, WideSide, and QuadraBeam PLUS transducers.

It comes standard with the DualBeam PLUS, but I fish lakes less than 100' in depth and small streams and rivers in central and eastern Arkansas.

Any and all thoughts are welcomed.
    Quit complaining about the color, just pull up your skirt and fish! -- snagged

Post Thanks / Like

I have this unit mounted on the front of my boat and I really like it. Sonar works good and the GPS is great! Plus I like the fact that my gps antenna is internal. No extra wires to mess with.
    Let me know if you have any questions. My email address is
    [email protected]
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using the transducer that came with it?

What types of waters are you using it in?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the dualbeam transducer, the others tend to crowd the screen and is hard to tell where the fish are.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am using the transducer that came with the unit. Great piece of equipment. I have never been a Humminbird fan until I started using my 997 and my 787. Now I will not use any other.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point, about crowding the screen. One I hadn't considered. I am wondering if the Quadbeam would offer much advantage or perhaps just more confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

I would try the transducer that comes with it and if you think you need a little more you can always add the Quad. I personally don`ty like it!

Post Thanks / Like

You could also trade in your new, unused and unmounted DualBeam transducer for a QuadraBeam and if you don;t like the QuadraBeam part of it; simply hide that View and it will act exactly like a DualBeam transducer.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I mounted the Dualbeam, and have been pretty happy with it, but I think since most of my fishing is is more shallow water, I'll order a Quadbeam in the Spring so I can see more side actions.

Thanks to all that replied.