This is a true story! I fish a local lake in Desoto County called Lakeview. One cool winter day, I was in what they call the runout. It's a narrow stretch of water that leads to the river that feeds it. We had tore the crappie a new one that day, but a lot of them were small. I was enjoying the moment with a buddy in the boat when I caught another polywog. I turned to show him and all of the sudden something hits me from behind and almost knocked me into the water. I felt something grab my hand and I looked down to see this huge freaking talon latched on to my index finger. It was an owl with a 7-8' wing span that was trying to get my fish. Well, he didn't get it. However, he left his mark with a gash on my finger that was caused by me pulling from his claw. Afterwards, he sat on a limb at the edge of the water watching me and waiting. At this point we were both a little freaked out and was trying not to catch anything, but I did and threw it up to the bank and the owl snatched it up and flew off.