Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another Snake Story

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Snake Story

A little over a week ago I was taking my Wife and 2 Daughters with me to Amarillo to get my Oldest Daughter a dress for her walk across the field for her Homecoming Queen Nomination. Before we got to Childress I saw a Rattlesnake that was a little over 3 foot long. I am not that affraid of snakes so I turned around and stoped by the snake. Got the unbrella out and played with the snake and enjoyed watching him strike. Well it went under the Suburban and into the grass in the ditch by the highway. Well about 5 miles later, my Oldest Daughter screamed and said she could hear the snake in the Suburban. Then with that in her mind, my youngest Daughter decided she could hear it also. I told them there was no way that snake could get into the Suburban. My Oldest said: Dad I have heard that they can get on top of the tire and get into the vehicle (Yes shes blonde hehe). I told her that if that was the fact, how come when we hit a water puddle we dont get wet. Its because nothing can get in. Well after about 5 more miles of driving and hearing her and my youngest daughter scream, I had to pull over, get under the Suburban and physically check under it to satisfy them, then I opened the back door of the Suburban and screamed SNAKE. Boy you should have seen my youngest dive over the seat hehe. Finally after doing a complete search of the Suburban they were satisfied that there was no snake. Me and my Wife laughed about that all the way to Amarillo and all the way back home. I never knew my youngest could move that fast hehe.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    A little over a week ago I was taking my Wife and 2 Daughters with me to Amarillo to get my Oldest Daughter a dress for her walk across the field for her Homecoming Queen Nomination. Before we got to Childress I saw a Rattlesnake that was a little over 3 foot long. I am not that affraid of snakes so I turned around and stoped by the snake. Got the unbrella out and played with the snake and enjoyed watching him strike. Well it went under the Suburban and into the grass in the ditch by the highway. Well about 5 miles later, my Oldest Daughter screamed and said she could hear the snake in the Suburban. Then with that in her mind, my youngest Daughter decided she could hear it also. I told them there was no way that snake could get into the Suburban. My Oldest said: Dad I have heard that they can get on top of the tire and get into the vehicle (Yes shes blonde hehe). I told her that if that was the fact, how come when we hit a water puddle we dont get wet. Its because nothing can get in. Well after about 5 more miles of driving and hearing her and my youngest daughter scream, I had to pull over, get under the Suburban and physically check under it to satisfy them, then I opened the back door of the Suburban and screamed SNAKE. Boy you should have seen my youngest dive over the seat hehe. Finally after doing a complete search of the Suburban they were satisfied that there was no snake. Me and my Wife laughed about that all the way to Amarillo and all the way back home. I never knew my youngest could move that fast hehe.
    :D :D If you had done that to me I would have peed & chit in your vehicle.Then probably died of heart attack :D
    Ain't but 2 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of.....Dead ones & Live ones

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like something I would do... kids would think it was funny after all said and done, but my wife would probably arrange for me to meet my maker.....

Post Thanks / Like

You and I think alike I guess because I could see that one coming before I read it. Just what I would have done. I don't like spiders either.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.