Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird 997c SI - Trolling Motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 997c SI - Trolling Motor?

I'm now a new proud owner of the Humminbird 997c SI!!! Please keep it a secret, my wife knew I was going to buy a unit but doesn't know how much $$$.

Here's my question. I want to mount it on my console, however would like to be able to unplug it and put it up front to use with my trolling motor. What do I need in order to do so? Will I have to order the necessary pieces from Humminbird.

I think I need another transducer, power supply cable, the mount for the unit and ?????

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ram Mount?

Why not buy a Ram mount for the console and an extra Ball Base for the front. Probably save a few bucks over the H'bird mounting base and have full adjustability as a bonus.

Not sure about the Ducer and power cable though. Probably best to call H'bird or a dealer for that.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accessories

I would go with the RAM mount as Wannabe suggested. Not sure that it will save you any money but messing with the one knob on the RAM mount has to beat the two on the unit plus you will be able to adjust the angle of the unit when it is up front too.

540165-2 900 Series Connector Collector. This is the plastic part that holds the cable connectors and srews into the back of the unit. This will have to be ordered straight from Humminbird.

All of the other accessories can be order through a retailer or direct from Humminbird.

PC-10 Power Cable.

Which transducer you want to run on the front will determine which transducer you will need:

High Definition Side Imaging on trolling motor: XTM-9-HDSi-180-T
    High Definition Side Imaging from your transom mounted transducer: US2-W Unit Switch.
    Compact Side Imaging on the trolling motor: XTM-9-Si-180-T
    QuadraBeam on the trolling motor: XTM-9-QB-90-T
    DualBeam on the trolling motor: XTM-9-20-T

Want GPS on your 997 while it is on the bow? You will need the AS-SysLink cable.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!! I'll get that stuff ordered pretty soon.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D