Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Humminbird ?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Humminbird ?

Mr. Gregg,

What do you think is causing our lockups on the 700 series units when used in the simulator mode?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Simulator mode is nit designed for long term use! It is a simulator to show and change features while not in the water. This is why the battery pack only lasts a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    Simulator mode is nit designed for long term use! It is a simulator to show and change features while not in the water. This is why the battery pack only lasts a few minutes.

Wrong answer.

Post Thanks / Like

CP I saw your posts last night but have not had a chance to get with someone to check into this as I have been busy with training classes. Any chance you are running an older version of software? Current version is 3.720

I'm not so sure that it is the wrong answer... When running in the Simulator mode the unit should reset itself after a period of inactivity.
    How long is the recording you are playing back?
    Does it do it after a set period of time after the last button you pressed?
    Does this happen when you force the unit into the Normal operation mode? (Press the MENU button when the title screen is displayed and than select the NORMAL mode when the display gives you that choice).
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

My 787 is running 3.710 - looked last night and that is the newest update shown
    as available for mine. Can't speak for everyone, but I don't even (yet) own one of
    those battery adapter cables, I'm having problems with it hooked to my big
    battery, in the boat. Where it rears it's head with me is when I'm trying to
    study contour lines and such, looking at charts in the garage.
    It won't let you do this without either being in sim, or pulling outside where
    it can get satellite reception. If it can't handle just sitting there running in sim, there IS a problem. I did notice when it is one of it's particularly pi**y
    moods, it seems to lock up at the same place in the "loop" of sonar that
    plays during simulation. But it will sometimes do it on full chart, and at
    different times. Is there not a soft and/or hard reset combo of buttons
    on these???
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I steady maps on mine on the boat in regular mode. It works fine, I have had it lockup in simulator. I can add waypoints and everything from there. I imagine it is running through its simulation routine and not starting over. So far no problems on the water and mine has been on several trips since Feb. I have had it on 5 tournaments where I worked many new waypoints over a 3 or 4 day trip. Though, I don`t use the simulator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg
    CP I saw your posts last night but have not had a chance to get with someone to check into this as I have been busy with training classes. Any chance you are running an older version of software? Current version is 3.720

I'm not so sure that it is the wrong answer... When running in the Simulator mode the unit should reset itself after a period of inactivity.
    How long is the recording you are playing back?
    Does it do it after a set period of time after the last button you pressed?
    Does this happen when you force the unit into the Normal operation mode? (Press the MENU button when the title screen is displayed and than select the NORMAL mode when the display gives you that choice).
    Nope. I havent tried it in the normal mode. I have run this unit hours after hour in the sim mode. The only time it locks up is when in the sim mode and at the end of a recording. Total lock up ain't a reset.

I still say wrong answer.

Book says I can set anything up in simulator mode. Book don't say anything about locking up. Book don't say anything about automatic resetting after a time out.

I think I am smart enough to know the difference between a lock up and a reset. I been around electronic stuff many moons.

I say this unit should not do this.

I have played with the unit hours upon hours. It never fails except this one case.

I like the 797. It like playing pack man.

I got playback of about 1-2 minute. I have had shorter and longer recordings (deleted). The also locked up at the end of the recording when in simulator mode.

I have version 3.720.

We be in a bad mess if our air line flight simulators "almost" worked. Simulator ought to simulate all conditions. If not, then it ain't a simulator.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 10-18-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White
    My 787 is running 3.710 - looked last night and that is the newest update shown
    as available for mine. Can't speak for everyone, but I don't even (yet) own one of
    those battery adapter cables, I'm having problems with it hooked to my big
    battery, in the boat. Where it rears it's head with me is when I'm trying to
    study contour lines and such, looking at charts in the garage.
    It won't let you do this without either being in sim, or pulling outside where
    it can get satellite reception. If it can't handle just sitting there running in sim, there IS a problem. I did notice when it is one of it's particularly pi**y
    moods, it seems to lock up at the same place in the "loop" of sonar that
    plays during simulation. But it will sometimes do it on full chart, and at
    different times. Is there not a soft and/or hard reset combo of buttons
    on these???
    All these 700 series units probably use the same mainboard. They usually add and take away parts on the main board to make the different features of the units. They usually have one common program and "patch" and "cut" what they want and don't want the unit to do. So you and I have prob got the same basic program and the same basic board inside the unit. Scientific guess here.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    All these 700 series units probably use the same mainboard. They usually add and take away parts on the main board to make the different features of the units. They usually have one common program and "patch" and "cut" what they want and don't want the unit to do. So you and I have prob got the same basic program and the same basic board inside the unit. Scientific guess here.
    Could be like our telephone systems were. Everything is in it. All a customer had to do was cough up the money and we would be sent the codes for turning what ever feature they wanted on. Or piggy back a board to the basic one.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Could be like our telephone systems were. Everything is in it. All a customer had to do was cough up the money and we would be sent the codes for turning what ever feature they wanted on. Or piggy back a board to the basic one.
    We know how it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast