Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look Out For SNAKES!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Look Out For SNAKES!!!!

Well let me start off by saying that I'm scared to death of snakes! Black Racers, Rat Snake, Copperhead.... they're all snakes & I will break my neck trying to get away from one!

Yesterday I was in the process of gettng the ol'camper ready. Cleaning & air'n her out, check'n her over, you know. I decided to check out the water heater under the bench seat. I took off the pad & lifted the board to find about a 5 1/2' to 6' Chicken Snake with his head up look'n at me!

You couldn't have driven a thumbtack in my rearend with a wreck'n ball! I screamed like a woman & about killed myself getting out the door!:o

After calm'n down and study'n the situation for awhile I went to the store & bought me a bug bomb. I stood at the door & throwed it in like a grenade and slammed the door! I hope that runs him out.

I need to get out there & finish clean'n and all but first I'm gonna get Angel (my snake kill'n Lab) to look thing over & give me the all clear!

I guess the ol'boy was in there catch'n mice. You know out here in the country you can't keep mice out of the camper.

Do any of you folks know how I might go about keep'n mice & SNAKES out of a camper? Have any of you ever had this problem?

I gotta do something. Dang if this ain't got me think'n bout buy'n a tent!
    :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Throw some mothballs in there. that should run him out.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know it the tent idea is snakeproof. hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am not real sure about snakes but a lot of people around here get bodark apples (what a lot of people call horseapples) and throw them under their houses. They swear they keep the bugs and critters away.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Spread some sulfur around the camper and I gurantee you snakes will definately stay away.

Post Thanks / Like

Whiskers, I would have to stick a match to it and wait until the snake clears out. Then I would camp with what is left. Seriously, did you check the photo on the Bass Boat Central site rescently. On the Kentucky forum a guy had a picture of a snake at Eddy Creek With a still alive 10" catfish in it's mouth. The darn thing was laying on a rock with the struggling fish clamped solid. I am as you are scared to death of the blasted things.
    THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers, just think about how nice that camper will be late this fall when your snuggled up all all cozy and warm sleeping......I'm sure that snake will appreciate the warmth and curl up there right beside you. Ha!

There is no way I could ever sleep inside that camper again without worrying about that snake!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snakes

Hey how much you want for that camper now..tehe..hehehe. :D

srm

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you how to catch him and get him out. Get you a stick (maybe a broom handle) run a small piece of rope from one end to the other and attach it at the end. Make it so you can make a loop in the end that you can tighten by pulling the other end. Loop his head and pull the rope to tighten around his neck and just pull him out.

If it's a chicken snake they will not hurt you anyway.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

ditto what skippylou said only i have use a piece of pvc with a piece of hay twine looped thru it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast