Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New To Crappie Fishing

Memphis, TN, but Hope To Get Out As Soon As Possible
    Post Thanks / Like

Question New To Crappie Fishing

I am new to crappie fishing. I would like any advise on what to start fishing with, how to find te fish, and the best way to catch them. I will be mainly fishing Sardis Resorvoir in North Mississippi.

Thanks
    Lakeview

Post Thanks / Like

Hire a guide or go with another fisherman and learn all you can. Always think outside the box and be willing to try new approaches. Eat, drink and live crappie!! Their is no single best way to catch them. They are seasonal and require adjustments in presentation and method depending on the season. Move and be willing to move. Don't limit yourself to tools or techniques, and have fun. Shouldn't be about limits but about fun and catching and playing the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, Lakeview! You'll find alot of information and tips about crappie fishing, products, and techniques on this great website. And if you have any questions, post it and you will get lots of answers, ideas, suggestions and feedbacks from experienced fishing guides, tournament pros, weekend anglers and life-long crappie fishermen. You can also meet, chat, and fish with all the great people from here.
    Also, there's alot of good books to read up on to help you quickly gain knowledge on crappie fishing. CrappieWorld is a great magazine that alot of us subscibe to. To check out CrappieWorld, click on the Magazines link on top.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. This is a good place learn, check out some of the articles.
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Lakeview. You have inspired me. There have been several new to the board lately and that's great. So, I think this week's column (I write a weekly fishing column for our local newspaper) will be a Newbie's Guide to Crappie Fishing. It will be on my website tonight.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lakeview. I live in Hernando and fish Sardis some. Check out the mdwfp.com page including the fishing reports and the message board for some good info. If you are looking for a guide on Sardis the only one I know is Ed Weldon aka Dawg. He is easy to find on the internet - just try sardislake.com. If you have any questions, post them on the Mississippi page and I am sure you will get answers. Good luck.

Memphis, TN, but Hope To Get Out As Soon As Possible
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Hey Waxworm, you ever fish the area around Wyatts Crossing? Do you know anything about the spots to fish there?