Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old style jig...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old style jig...

This was years ago, back in the 60s about the same time Jerry McKinnis was doing the Falls City Fisherman show.
    Someone came out with a jig, I can't remember the name of it and haven't seen any for quite awhile. Maybe someone can remember it. It looked like an ordinary marabou jig except it had a built-in worm trailer and the sides of the jig head were narrow (shaped about like an M&M). Just curious if anybody remembered them.
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the jig your talking about, but man I love "The Fishin Hole" with Jerry McKinnis. I used to watch that show all the time as a kid and wish that was my job when I got older. :D
    Last edited by camofish; 10-17-2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

The Fishin hole is one of my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OLd Style Jig

Jerry was the very first to have carpet installed in his Ranger boat by Forrest Woods, and Mr. Woods thought Jerry had lost his mind....
    Everyone seen Jerry's boat and everybody started ordering it there Ranger.
    True story, I'm not gonna charge ya'll for this tidbit, just thought of it when I seen Jerry's name in ya'lls post.

Good Fishing..............srm

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up HoDaddy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy
    This was years ago, back in the 60s about the same time Jerry McKinnis was doing the Falls City Fisherman show.
    Someone came out with a jig, I can't remember the name of it and haven't seen any for quite awhile. Maybe someone can remember it. It looked like an ordinary marabou jig except it had a built-in worm trailer and the sides of the jig head were narrow (shaped about like an M&M). Just curious if anybody remembered them.
    I remember a jig with a short worm with some kind of marabou or feather "hackle" and a "aspirin head". I don't think I ever bought any .. and I don't remember the name/brand, either. Couldn't even Google up any such bait :o
    I "think" I remember seeing this jig, either at a WallyWorld or a tackle store ... I'll keep my eye out for it and get back to you.

... cp

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't that one of the old Creme lure company worms? Can't remember for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camofish
    I don't know the jig your talking about, but man I love "The Fishin Hole" with Jerry McKinnis. I used to watch that show all the time as a kid and wish that was my job when I got older. :D
    I ditto that Camofish.
    I live just about 10 minuets from the lake that his show supposedly started on near Little Rock. We call it the Dead Sea. About all I have found it is good for is a sore butt from the rough ride back to the single launch it has in my pan fisher.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Really liked the fishing hole too!

In the 70's (late 70's for me) as a guide in the spring after a cold front we would all fall back to the same bait when things got tough. That bait was a Black Marabou Jig with a small Black Worm we would thread on the hook. If all failed that would work to get bass in the boat. Usually a light enough jig so it was not that hard to keep it from digging down in the grass. So it was like a 1/16 and fishing that around the Hydrilla was a sure thing.

I am sure it would still work today in the same conditions, but I bet most bass fishermen don't have that even in their box. Little do they know that on a slow day in the spring there is nothing better.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Don't think so, chaunc ...

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Wasn't that one of the old Creme lure company worms? Can't remember for sure.
    looked at their webpages, and it wasn't there. But, I did find out that they are the mfg. of the plastic black cricket, that I have had in my tackle ... for probably 30+ years (and don't remember ever using it :p ).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy HoDaddy ...

I looked thru my local tackle shop & Wallace World .... no luck

I'd almost bet those jigworm thingy's are no longer mfg'd. But, you might get one of our jigmaker members to put some together for you. Or you could try and rig some up, yourself. Biggest problem I see, in doing so, would be finding the "worm" portion of the rig.
    I'll keep an eye out, in the meantime, just in case I run across them.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast