Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some Crappie help for CC

Lookn4Crappie Guest

Default Need some Crappie help for CC

Im not much of a crappie fisherman, Im a better bass fisherman. My dad wants to catch some crappie, and i dont know where to start. Can anyone help me????

Post Thanks / Like

I can see your from Canton. My suggestions would be go to Fork or Cedar Creek for crappie. This next 45 days is the best time of the year to catch crappie. Their moving into the shallows right now. Get an assortment of jigs along with live minnows and target the shallows. i.e timber, brush tops, boat docks, weed lines, and man made brush piles. They will be there. Their pretty predictable in the spring and easy to catch, just like the bass when their spawning. Its after the spawn when only the strong survive. Use your bass knowlege, and apply it to crappie. Just scale down your line to 6 lb and light tackle. use a rod 6'6 to 7'6 rod with alot of action.
    There is an old saying among crappie fisherman that goes " If your not snagging, your not bagging." Stay in the thick stuff for crappie. Yeah, you will hang up and break off, but thats part of it.
    Just beware,..... you may never bass fish again.
    Thats great your trying to take your Dad crappie fishing. My dad passed away a few months ago, and I can not tell you the memories we had crappie fishing. He taught me everything I know about it. I am now passing it down to my family. I fished bass tournaments for years, until it finally got out of hand, and took me away every weekend. I sold my boat and bought a barge. I have it rigged for crappie. Now we go out as a family. What a blessing that has been.

Lookn4Crappie Guest

thanks for the info

Cummins_4x4 Guest

Hello, seems you are missing some real close fishing,the lake there in Canton.I know lots of folks who drive quite a ways to get there! I've done well there also.Some real good brush piles in it.Chartereuse and red is the hot colors there for jigs.Give it a try.And howdy neighbor!

Lookn4Crappie Guest

i didnt know that canton had a lake. Can you keeep the crappie?