Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help! I need this Crappie Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! I need this Crappie Jig

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need your help! Please take a look at the attached picture. I need a source of supply for this crappie jig. It is a 1/64th ounce jig, Obviously chartreuse throughout with a chenille body.

However, the head seems to be power coated and not painted and the tail is not feather, as normally seen, but a type of hair. I was told that it was "fishhair". However, none of the fish in these parts have hair, only scales. Not even the catfish.

Seriously, it looks to be some type of animal hair.Deer, Squirrel,Rat, I'm not sure. I previously I posted this on the main crappie forum and was informed that the hair was "buck-tail". Thanks Zig-Jigs for that info!

This jig was purchased from a friend of a friend who ordered them through an individual somewhere in Oklahoma. If anyone can provide a point of contact or tackle supplier, I would greatly appreciate it.

You can post you feedback here or contact me at; [email protected].

Thanks, FP67

Post Thanks / Like

i posted in your main forum, but again i live in oklahoma and would be glad to tie you some jigs like that except i only use marabou and hackle feathers.

[email protected]

bobber Guest

fishpro where are you located? I know of aplace in southeast GEROGIA that might have what you are looking for.
    bobber

Post Thanks / Like

Bobber,

Central Georgia near Macon. Do you have a phone number or website for me?

bobber Guest

I think its a Super Fly made by Spike-it outdoors,inc. Brooklet Ga.
    tel#912-842-2653 www.ispikeit.com
    Hope this helps.
    bobber

mikey0715 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro67
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need your help! Please take a look at the attached picture. I need a source of supply for this crappie jig. It is a 1/64th ounce jig, Obviously chartreuse throughout with a chenille body.

However, the head seems to be power coated and not painted and the tail is not feather, as normally seen, but a type of hair. I was told that it was "fishhair". However, none of the fish in these parts have hair, only scales. Not even the catfish.

Seriously, it looks to be some type of animal hair.Deer, Squirrel,Rat, I'm not sure. I previously I posted this on the main crappie forum and was informed that the hair was "buck-tail". Thanks Zig-Jigs for that info!

This jig was purchased from a friend of a friend who ordered them through an individual somewhere in Oklahoma. If anyone can provide a point of contact or tackle supplier, I would greatly appreciate it.

You can post you feedback here or contact me at; [email protected].

Thanks, FP67
    Try http://www.fishandgifts.com/crappie_jigs.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crapie Jig Help

Quote Originally Posted by mikey0715
    Mikey,

I recently purchased the jigs sold on this website. The head is slightly larger than what I am used to buying. It'll catch fish. But it is not quite the one I need.

Thanks for the response.

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

fishpro - if you are still looking for that chenille jig, drop me a line - I'll see what I can do for you. I have a few questions that need answered first. I'm gonna need a picture with a little more lighting - I think that hair was a custom dye, but not 100% sure from the pic I saw.
    If you found a match, great.