Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! I need a Crappie Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!!! I need a Crappie Jig

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I need your help! Please take a look at the attached picture. I need a source of supply for this crappie jig. It is a 1/64th ounce jig, Obviously chartreuse throughout with a chenille body. However, the tail is not feather, as normally seen, but a type of hair. I was told that it was "fishhair". However, none of the fish in these parts have hair, only scales. Not even the catfish. Seriously, it looks to be some type of animal hair.Deer, Squirrel,Rat, I'm not sure.

This jig was purchased form a friend of a friend who ordered them through an individual somewhere in Oklahoma. If anyone can provide a point of contact or tackle supplier, I would greatly appreciate it. You can post you feedback here or contact me at; [email protected].

Thansk, FP67

Post Thanks / Like

fishpro - you're looking for a chenille jig tyed with bucktail hair. Can't help with a contact in Oklahoma.............sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Jig Help

Zig,

Do or can you make this jig as shown in the picture? If not, could you supply, or know anyone who could supply, the buck tail hair in his color?

thanks, FP67

Post Thanks / Like

Any of your flyshops can get that material, take the jig in so they can look at the tail. If you cant find anyone to buy the material or make them. I can get you some material or make them if you like, let me know.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I wish I could say, "yea, how many", I just can't do it right now. I'm so far behind in regular jighead orders right now - it wouldn't be fair to you to wait for me to do something that someone else can do just as well - faster. Maybe by next year.............it's an easy jig to tie.

get a hold of Mike Simpson (Crappie Magic), Teezur Lures (1weezer may be able to help if Jackie does custom work or not), or a guy by the name of Bill English out of Texas - he does made to order work. (search for custom crappie jigs and Bill English)

If I missed someone - it wasn't on purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Jigs

Ted,

Any idea what you would charge per dozen?? They must be the same as the picture. no subtitutes of string for chenille or feathers for hair. Get back to me!

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

i know you don't want any feathers but if you did i can tie you up some at $7 a dozen. i use the same type of chenille but i only use marabou or hackle feathers. let me know if i can help you.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro67
    Ted,

Any idea what you would charge per dozen?? They must be the same as the picture. no subtitutes of string for chenille or feathers for hair. Get back to me!

FP67
    I sent you a PM
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy the supplies yourself dude. It will be less then 10 bucks to buy enough supplies to make 30 depending on how much you spend on the plain jigs. If you want gamaktso hooks then it will obviously come to more but walmrt jigs with buck hair and chenile will not cost much. Just buy some good thread and some good glue and its all you need. I've made around 20 so far, i bought 2 colors of chenile, one color of glittery chenile substitue, some marabou flash and a few different colors of marabou. there was loads of kinds of fur but I just stuck with marabou. The buck tail fur will probaly come on a kind of furry sheet, you could either stick the end of strands together with glue then cut the strands from the sheet or cut it from the sheet then tie one end of the strands with thread then glue then tie to hook then wrap in chenile. Its very very simple, just dont cheap on the glue unless you want to replace the jig every fish. If you want to see some pics of my home mades let me know and I'll send some over to you. You will atleast want a pair of forceps to hold the hook still. I wedge mine in my jeans zipper and do it up tight so the forceps stand straight up holding the jig in a comfortable position

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this may seem obvious but ask at local hunting stores for bucktail hair. I'm sure they could atleast give you some from there next hunt. I wonder if you could talk to taxidermists and get some for free.

Your never going to belive this but there a taxidermy hairdresser near where I live. You can get your hair cut or your dead animals, Its just a regular hair dressers with like 6 chairs, 3 on each side of the room but one side is covered in stuffed animals while the other 3 chairs are still used for hair cutting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast