Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 lakes next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking 4 lakes next year.

Grenada & Arkabutla Weiss Lake And Bear Creek on Pickwick .
    Those are what I hope to fish next year. Hope to work it out where I can take the camper and spend 3 or 4 days on each.
    Now to start doing the research on when is the best time, And where the fish should be.
    Looking forward to this one.:D
    Pete
    PS also the Bear Creek lakes also.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I try to stay a couple of week at bear creek on pickwick,from the last week of march to the first week of apirl,to me that went the crappie really turn it on.I camp on the colbert county side of the lake,not very many places to camp.I hoe you get to fish all those lakes,and catch lots of fish.:D

Post Thanks / Like

All of those lakes are hot in March! Big fish, gonna need a sharp blade and big coolers.

Post Thanks / Like

I got to fish Bear Creek one time when I was fishing Bass tournaments. And that was 20 years ago. And then I told my self that I would be back fishing that part of Pickwick a lot. LOL And here it is, And have not been back. It's 23 miles to the state line boat ramp In Yellow creek and run there in the boat. Its only 12 miles by water. So if the wind is not going to be bad that day. Or its 66 miles to Colbert County Park boat ramp.Guess I need to check around and find the campgrounds there.How hard is it to find fish in the spring there? Also the best way to fish it?TnJeff If you were going to fish this place for the first time, How would you fish it?Thanks for any info you can share on Bear creek.

Crappielimits I hope that is true for me. As I need to get my wife in the fish there, She loves to fish. But I have been able to work it where she can get into the crappie good. Would love to get her in them like that for a few days.
    PEte
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 10-18-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Guess I need to check around and find the campgrounds there.How hard is it to find fish in the spring there? Also the best way to fish it?TnJeff If you were going to fish this place for the first time, How would you fish it?Thanks for any info you can share on Bear creek.

PEte
    I don't think you would have any trouble finding fish in the spring.I don;t know if it's the best way to fish it but,I like to longline roadrunner and roger gants hair jigs,out the back of my boat.If I was to fish it for the first time I would,watch other boats,and fish in the same areas as they was.If you put in at rose trial,talk to the guy that sells bait at the ramp,he runs the park and lives there and he can tell you where everybody is cathing fish,as for the camping,man it hard to find a place on the ala. side,rose trial is the best place but it fill up with in hour after open in the middle of march,I camp in a tva camp ground right on the lake,but there are no hook ups.
    Also I was just down there this past tue and wed and the bite is getting pretty good,I only caught 10 but I talk to a couple of guys and they had 26,they told me around the first of nov. the crappie bite would really pick up,I think I'm going to try it agian this sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a shout out when you head this way Mr. Pete. I'll do everything I can to help you out!

Post Thanks / Like

TnJeff thanks. Our camper is self contained. so I can spend a few days with out power or water.
    May have to drive down and try it mid Nov.

pstone thanks I may just take you up on that. That is if your new bride will give you time off to fish.
    Thanks again guys.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete,
    At Grenada, the last week of March and first week of April are usually the best. At Arkabutla it is usually the last two weeks of April. At Wise it is usually the middle of March. And Bear Creek it is usually the last two weeks in March. But it all depends on what the water temperatures are.
    Hope this helps.
    Weezer
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Pete,
    At Grenada, the last week of March and first week of April are usually the best. At Arkabutla it is usually the last two weeks of April. At Wise it is usually the middle of March. And Bear Creek it is usually the last two weeks in March. But it all depends on what the water temperatures are.
    Hope this helps.
    Weezer
    Thanks Buddy.
    I hope I get to fish them all. If not any I do get to fish will be great. After this year. It has to get better.
    Also left out the best trip. That is fishing there with Canepole and the toy boat. Man I am looking forward to seeing the toys in his boat.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete,
    You need to come up in November. That is my favorite time of the year to fish. I am booked every day until the 17th. But after that, come on up and we will go out and yank a few crappie lips.
    Weezer.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast