Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Northwest Louisiana Stripers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northwest Louisiana Stripers

Anyone know the closest lake the Shreveport La that you can go and have a chance of catching some stripers?

I know they are in most of the red river drainage, but I am trying to find a place you can actually catch them!

Thanks for any help

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

I know there are a couple of lakes in southern Ark if I am not mistaken. Not sure which ones though. I have heard a couple of the guys from another site I am on mention going up there & catching them.

I will see if I can find out more from them...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bassadict sounds good. I would really love to pull one over the side of my boat. So far only whites and Hybrids.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

There are hybrids in Claiborne...We fished a bass tourney out there last year & they were schooling EVERYWHERE! You couldn't help but catch them.

Check Arkansasstripers.com, they have lots of info on arkansas lakes with good striper fishing. Lake Greeson is the lake I have heard others talking about. I believe it is up around Little Rock.

I don't think there are any in S. Arkansas, but hope this helps ya out!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good drive for ya FM. But Lake Norfork in Mountain Home Ark. has some monsters. I have a freind who got addicted to them bigguns to the point he only fishes for them now. Can't hold it against him though, he's got 6 over 40 lbs. in the last few years...izzy