Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappiepappy

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappiepappy

Blackie & I are glad we got to see you & Paul again...Watts Bar is unpredictable and wasn't kind to us this trip.. We enjoyed the talks we had and are looking forward to seeing you again...Take care and good fishing.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Same here, Don/Blackie ...

Good to see you boys, again, too !! Always a more enjoyable trip, when you hook up with friends, even if the fishing isn't the greatest.

Paul and I don't feel so bad, about not catching many Crappie ... when you two have to struggle to bring in a mess.

I think that picture tells a lot more of the story, than any "report" we could have posted. With cold North winds blowing that hard, the fish still being out deep, and trying to cast & shoot docks with light baits/line ... it's a wonder we caught ANY fish :p

Paul put it on me, this trip ... catching the big Smallmouth of the trip (which I usually catch), and the big Crappie (which I also usually catch ) and leaving me to catch all those hand-sized Bluegill --- I almost considered changing my "name" (j/k)

We'll have to do it again ... Ya'll take care, and keep in touch !

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

How many did you all catch on each day?

Post Thanks / Like

Saw DonG and Blackie out there but did not get to see you CP. You can say that again about the cold and the wind. Good to see the ones that I did get to see. Hope to see the others sometime soon or at least on better terms of weather.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like two old men adrift to me...:D

Hi Dak
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Tom/Dak/BrokenScope ...

Hey Tom ... you ain't too far off in your assumption :p

Hey Dak ... sorry we missed you, too. We'll be back ... WB owes us BIG TIME, now

BrokenScope ... not enough to mention Don G/Blackie did all the Crappie catching, on this trip (about 1.5days worth of fishing) ... and I think they cleaned around 20 or so, total.

I think the fish are about 2-3weeks behind schedule, due to the high temps they've had over the last month. Normally, this time of year, the Black Crappie would have been in the blowdowns & under the deep water docks. The Shad were right where they were supposed to be, but the fish hadn't come in after them, just yet. We probably could have caught more, had we done some deep water trolling, or drifting minnows or Shad around the mouths of the bays (or along the rock slide banks) in the 20-30ft depth range. We just weren't set up for that kind of fishing, never having to resort to it before at Watts Bar, this time of year. We just underestimated the conditions we were faced with.

... cp