Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I felt outa place!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I felt outa place!!!

I drove up (Cabelas Classic) in my little Toyota Tacoma only to be surrounded by big Z71s, Duallies, Quads, and big long boats with big growling motors. I was afraid to leave my little truck by itself surrounded by them brutes. All them big trucks had tatoos all over them. Some of the tatoos were really graphic. Big ugly fishes. All sorts of slang signs. Makes me wonder about these fishermen. Looks more like they in the sign business rather than the fishing business.

All them fishing people had matching shirts. They wore "his and her" matching shirts and "his and his" matching shirts. (I wonder about this his and his stuff). Some of them even had matching britches. I didn't ask. I often wonder if all this sign stuff helps in catching???

Just to share.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Anglers

Why don't you enter one of those tournaments and just find out how YOU stack up against those same shirt wearing, big truck driving FISHERMEN!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen "nobodies" in old levi jeans and a tee shirt show up and stage a blow-a-way win in a tournament on several occasions. All that flash and brass amounts to nothing more than ad space paid for by an overly doting sponsor.

There's plenty of guys here I'd put my money on before I would a "pro".

Post Thanks / Like

This was the winning boat and two of the four fish we weighed in,We felt funny too.But took the money.
    http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...h2nicrones.jpg
    Last edited by Team_Flopeye; 10-14-2007 at 11:12 PM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Now, Tom ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I drove up (Cabelas Classic) in my little Toyota Tacoma only to be surrounded by big Z71s, Duallies, Quads, and big long boats with big growling motors. I was afraid to leave my little truck by itself surrounded by them brutes. All them big trucks had tatoos all over them. Some of the tatoos were really graphic. Big ugly fishes. All sorts of slang signs. Makes me wonder about these fishermen. Looks more like they in the sign business rather than the fishing business.
    All them fishing people had matching shirts. They wore "his and her" matching shirts and "his and his" matching shirts. (I wonder about this his and his stuff). Some of them even had matching britches. I didn't ask. I often wonder if all this sign stuff helps in catching???
    Just to share.
    Tom
    Them fellers would have been awe struck over YOU .... had you been towing your "gadget laden" fishing machine :p

(and all that "sign stuff" does, is help pay for the gas ... to tow/run those ad wrapped boats, and the monster trucks they have to use to pull'em )

... cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

my brother inlaw and i went fishing and while going through anarrow cannnal we met a big new bass boat . we wer in a 30 some odd year old boat . he aske if they had cought anything and they replyer NO. he turned to me and said . see it doesen`t help to have a big nice boat.:D :rolleyes:
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

You could wear your Crappie.com T-shirt

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Right on, ShortStorie ....

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie
    You could wear your Crappie.com T-shirt
    You advertise the site.
    Purchasing the hats & shirts & decals & patches, helps financially support the site. :D
    You look good wearing them.
    And you let people know that you're a Crappie angler, & member of the best Crappie fishing website & angling community there is !! :p

I wear my Crappie.com hat & T-shirts whenever/wherever I go fishing ... and when I "hang out" at any of the local bait shops !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

sweetie and I wear our matching "Crappie killer" shirts.
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Tom Tom, Those guys are still working. HEHE
    So they have all the adds and such to help pay for there fishing. See they can't go out like we do. And Just enjoy a few hours of fishing. They have to fish the whole day and that is if the fish are bitting or not.
    But I will say one thing. I do admire them for taking the plunge and seeing how there team stacks up to the best in the country that fishes for a living.
    Pete

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast