Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPR for Cellphone

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CPR for Cellphone

Mine is gonna need it. It is somewhere in the river near Mansard Island. Got caught up in the fishing stuff. Oh well.

Anybody else loose one?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever find it (not a chance?) fill a small ice chest w/ water from the river throw the cell in and send it to the manafactures service dept. The phone is not in danger til it drys out. or just buy a new 1 its probabally cheaper in the long run. I have a razr and love it!
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't loose one, but I fell in the Grenada spillway with mine in my pocket. Fried it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pstone
    I didn't loose one, but I fell in the Grenada spillway with mine in my pocket. Fried it....

You can also keep a Zip Loc filled with real rice and drop the electronic thingy in to it . The rice will suck the moisture out of the object. Worth a try!
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Phones

Fell out of the boat last winter wearing one. Lost one off my belt down by my dock this spring. Both were toast. Carry it in the top of one of those 6 pack cooler bags now. Not smart enough to wear it apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, I appologize if this is too far off, but I had a red wasp fly in between my eyeball and my prescription glasses this spring. I swatted with my hand and hit the glasses (which I had only been wearing for a few months), and knocked them off my head into the water. I had the kids with me and even though they wanted to get in, I went in myself because there is an alligator that lives right there that's about 12ft long. I didn't find them and we didn't catch any fish that day either. Some days are best stayed at the house!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I never dropped mine in the water, but the wife went canoe'n and had her's laying in the bottom of the boat and they took on about 3 inches of water and submerged the phone, immediatly took the battery off, let it dry out for about 3 or 4 days then put the battery back on it and it was good as new. Kinda like most electronics when wet, if you can kill the charge to it, you may be able to save it.... sorry to hear bout your loss.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Only my work cell phone, I did not want to be contacted that day. Darn thing is still working.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine went through the washing machine once. I hit it hard with a blowdryer several times over the course of a couple days, and it came back to life.
    I think I got one...

Post Thanks / Like

Tom I can see ( Or hear it now) Yes theres crappie using your phone to call all over the world.
    Man theres this crazy guy up here feeding us cell phone's. HEHE I think its a bribe.. He is not able to catch fish unless his wife is in the boat. And he thinks if he drops the phone, We will fall for his plan. Yes he has it set to take a movie. And also send a signal back to this GPS. That way he will be able to see everything we see. And know where were at all the time.

Tom back in the spring at 4 am. The guy I was fishing with. Put his down into his cup. Well lets say it did not like what he was drinking. LOL
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast