Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 787, 797, 997 woes.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 787, 797, 997 woes.

Jeffs 787 locks up in the simulator mode. You have to disconnect power to release it. Power switch want turn off unit when it locks up. My 797, same thing. Had to disconnect power ( unplug unit) and re-power unit back up before it would run. I lost all my settings. Everything was reset to factory defaults.

Todd's 997 still has interference when the big motor runs. His electronics is all on a separate battery. Todd, if you read this, I think the noise is getting crossed coupled from wires in the boat harness. I think you ran some of the units cables parallel to something that is causing the problem.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default 797

I have 797 and do not seem to have any problem with unit locking up in simulator mode. I am running unit off the main battery which is also for the big motor.

Interference problem sounds like wiring for the 997 is coming from another wire in the harness.

Good place to put out questions and concerns is on the unoffical Humminbird website on yahoo

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/

Another site is

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php

Both of these site have several people from Humminbird that monitor and respond in short order

Barry F
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Been there. There is a post on lock ups. No answer.

My unit locks up if I try to view a recording in the simulator mode. Does it every time I try to review the recording. This should work. If not, it oughta give a no-no beep. Don't matter what power source I use, it locks up. A good program never allows a unit to lock up. I know from experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Been there. There is a post on lock ups. No answer.

My unit locks up if I try to view a recording in the simulator mode. Does it every time I try to review the recording. This should work. If not, it oughta give a no-no beep. Don't matter what power source I use, it locks up. A good program never allows a unit to lock up. I know from experience.
    Tom Reguster the unit and see if you have updates. I bet that is it. Humminbird.com and my unit. I bet that will fix it.
    Also todds I think just need sadjusting or like you posted. He has it near a wire that is causing him problems.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Tom Reguster the unit and see if you have updates. I bet that is it. Humminbird.com and my unit. I bet that will fix it.
    Also todds I think just need sadjusting or like you posted. He has it near a wire that is causing him problems.
    Pete
    Unit has latest stuff pete.