Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lake lanier

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake lanier

my daughter is buyin a house an hour closer to me, far enough north of atlanta that the traffic aint gonna be a problem plus the house is gonna be user friendly to someone parking a boat so i see myself hopefully fishing lanier a good bit in the future. since i mostly night fish, and have no night fishing buddies in the area, ill more than likely daylight fish till i make some contacts and daylight fishing in a lake with stripers beckons me in a big way, so looks like ill be doing some striper fishing on lanier. anyone have any thoughts about the lanier striper fishing? thanks
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lake Lanier

Hello Rango, Man sounds like you struck it rich, Ha Ha Just kidding, But it does sound good. Georgia Boy fishes Lake Lanier a good bit, I am sure you will hear from him soon as he sees your post. he would be a good one to hook up with, He is a first class fisherman and person. Anyway good luck to you! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lanier Crappie/Striper

Hello Rango, my lady & I are somewhat new to the area & have Striper fished lake lanier every weekend weather will allow, and do ok after spending time with a guide. Crappie fishing is what I'm looking forward to & grew up night fishing with a coleman lantern. Would like to meet others who enjoy it as much as we do. Will be at Lanier this weekend also & willing to show some hot spots for stripers, will be in the learning process for crappie.

New to this site & will be posting reports when we go after them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Hello Rango, Man sounds like you struck it rich, Ha Ha Just kidding, But it does sound good. Georgia Boy fishes Lake Lanier a good bit, I am sure you will hear from him soon as he sees your post. he would be a good one to hook up with, He is a first class fisherman and person. Anyway good luck to you! Jimmy S.
    Hey Rango - How are you doing?

I actually haven't been to Lanier yet, I fish Oconee and Sinclair predominately. I will see if I can dig up any dirt for you though.

I appreciate the compliment Jimmy.

Thanks - GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome Navion

Hello Navion, I would like to welcome you and your Lady to Georgia Crappie.Com. Thank you for your help for Rango on Lanier. Sorry Ga. Boy, I had Sinclair and Lanier confused. Navion hope you and your Lady enjoy your time here and let us know how you do when you go fishing. Good Luck! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Navion.....great airplane.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the responses guys. those of you that kept up with the sc board back in dec and early jan know already the sucess we had fishing wateree for striper. ive heard lanier has a good striper fishing on it to and ill be fishing it some in the future im sure. Im mostly a night fisherman for crappie. when i get a chance to go down, ill let you guys know when ill be there and if we can we'll hook up and do some fishing. thanks again
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks reelcrappie, have a 1946, best single engine I've been in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Rango

Where on Lanier will your daughter be moving?
    I fish the upper lake around Gainesville. If you will be in this area maybe we can get together.
    Went Saturday evening under Peck's bridge on Wahoo creek. Caught about
    20 keeping 9. The water temp was 52 degrees and really muddy.
    They should be turning on in a week or so if we get some warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lanier

Hi gmpartsman, feel like helping someone out with some crappie on lanier?
    We fish every weekend up by gainesville, been for stripers latley, not sure where to find the crappie. I did catch a 1.5 lb crappie on a blue back last saturday. That got us thinking about that hydroglow light I picked up for crappie this spring. Would like to meet & exchange lies with others.
    Let me know if you want to team up on them. We're new to the area from
    missouri & don't know the lake very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast