Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Point report

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point report

Mine is the same as MudMacs below, apparently we were on the same water.

Fished West Point on Saturday, 26 February. Lake was full of boats and the weather was excellent. Managed a total of 52 fish, 10 inches or better, between myself and my wife in my boat and my daughter and partner in his.

Jigs which worked well were 1/16 oz. Hal Flies, but never could get a pattern on a color combination as they were hitting all colors. Saw alot of folks tightlining minnows near the bottom as well. We started trolling in 20 ft of water, but found most of our fish in as little as 8 ft. Wedhadkee creek was the location and when we left at 3:30 pm, several boats commented they had caught their limits.

Water temp was 55-58 degrees dependng on how far up the creek we went. I plan another trip over on Friday and possibly again Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

How far back in the creek were you fishing.....I'm planning a trip this weekend and am trying to decide how far back in the creeks the fish might be...I'm sure after this front they probably moved back out some but I don't know how much.....