Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy you never know

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy you never know

I lost a neighbor this week and he lived just across the street. He was Capt. of a boat that worked in the Gulf with robot subs to repair stuff (2 weeks out then 2 weeks home). He really got set up the last few years and was going to retire in Jan. Another neighbor found him the other day and I had just stopped by to talk to him the evening before and since he was going back to work the next day I told him that next time he was in the crappie would be biting good by then and we would go and he said that sounds good.

Bought a bunch of his company stock when they went public a couple of years back and just paid off this house and new truck. Set and ready, but now he's gone and that is a sad thing as he was a really good guy that everyone liked.

He love fishing & hunting and I will miss him!

May God Rest Jerry's soul and Bless his family!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your loss......sounds like he was one of the good ones.
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Friends are hard to lose. Im sorry to hear about the loss. May God be with his Family as well as you.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of your loss, I'm sure You will miss him.

Jack
    Stinkies Daddy

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

I trust in God when things like this happen. I share your grief and your loss. You, and his family are in my prayers.

Old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Skip.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear of your loss, Prayers sent for you and his family

Post Thanks / Like

What happened to him skip?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    What happened to him skip?
    Grizz I felt so sorry for him last time we talked because he has had a tough few months with his kids. From what I know he was not around his kids growing up and was trying to get closer the last few years.

Anyway his lie 42 year old son was arrested a couple of months back for the who know how many times, but this time he even assaulted a police officer. When his dad told him he would come bail him out in another state mind you, the son got mad and even told a bunch of lies about him to the law. Stuff like he had murdered people and got rid of them, which it totally crazy.

Then last weekend one of his daughters cam to visit and it went very bad as that is what he told me after she went back home. He told me he would probably never speak to her again. I told him how sorry I was that he was having this kind of trouble with his kids and then I ask him when he was going back to work and he said tomorrow (last Monday I think). I then sold him by the time he got back the crappie would be bitting better and we would go fishing. He said that sounds good! I told him by and I would see him later. The next day he didn't go back to work and someone told me he said he was sick (flu or something) and not going back then. He had some bad lung disease too and still smoked. We really don't know if it had to do with that or he had a hear attack or just what, but the next morning another neighbor went to check on him and found him face down right by his bed as if he tried to get up and didn't.

Sad because everyone liked him as he was just a great guy!

I told the doughters that it was a real shame they didn't get to know him better because he was a really good guy with a helping hand to all. Even people so to say down on their luck, that he didn't even know.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip that just goes to show you. Enjoy what time we have on earth.As it can be over in a flash.
    4 years ago the heart Doctor told me wife and I that I should have been dead. 99& blockage in the main part of my heart. but I am still hear.
    And you can bet I live life as full each day as I can.Tell my wife and kids I love them every time I see or talk to them.
    As you never know.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast