Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Question? HELP..

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Boat Question? HELP..

Still looking at a Deep V boat. Lund 18 or so Tiller boat. Anywhere from the 1725 to the 1800.
    But then I also like the ones with the full walk Through windshield for winter time fishing.
    I know its choices and more choices.
    Bigget thing is I also like to fish Reel Foot, Sardis and a few smaller lakes that have lots of stumps and trees in them.
    Anyone have one of the 90" wide 17 or 18 ft hulls and also fish some of these waters?
    Looking for a great ride.And also the seats off the ground like lund has. Was thinking about one of the 15 degree hulls 1860 Sea-Arks. And its still not out of the picture. As It would allow me to fish some waters that are or would be hard to fish out of the Dream boat I would love to have.
    And that is the lund 2010 this guy ( Not going to say his name on here. LOL) on the site has. Man I love that boat .But just don't know about it on the lakes like Sardis in the trees or Reelfoot with all the stumps.
    So if anyone on here also fishes out of the deep boats and fishes Reel foot Please let me know.As I know theres a lot of guys from North of Reel Foot that fish out of them there.
    Any help would sure Make my choice a little easy and not make all my hair turn grey.
    Also Jeff White is the guy I get to blame this boat Ideal on .
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help

Pete go ahead and buy a toon with a lazy boy and be done with it. On the lazy boy you can get heat and vibration, that way you stay warm in the winter, and while you holding the your pole, you won't have to wiggle your own worm, that lazy boy does it for you............tehe

srm

Post Thanks / Like

G3 1860 and the 1966! I want the 1966 dlx! Seark rivercats are nice tooo. I have confidence in g3 warranty, I hit something with 2001 and brought to them to fix they gave me a brand new 2006! That is customer service!

Post Thanks / Like

SRM shoot my 2072 War-Eagle is like that now. LOL

Crappiielimits. I am looking for a stable boat that can take 3 ft waves and not kill my back. And the G3 1966 will not ride as good or better then my War-eagle. So sorry its not even in the race.
    Also on warranty lund has a life time warranty.

Gary if I do go with a lund, The seat you can get in it. Well there as good as my leather lazy boy. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

We had the G3 1860 in 3-4s Thursday on the flats in the gulf. No problem! A lund will not run in shallow water and the walk thru windshield crowds the boat. You can hardly laydown an ultralight in one. Lund is to me an overpriced boat.

http://www.g3boats.com/GatorToughSer...966CCDLX#model

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=2056
    Last edited by crappielimits; 10-13-2007 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I think any kind of boat will be a problem of some sort on Reelfoot. The Reelfoot Boat is the only thing I've ever used on that lake without getting hung up on stumps or snags. Smaller boats are a lot easier to handle on Reelfoot. I don't think I would put my dream boat on that place. I'd either not fish Reelfoot or if I did, it would be in someone else's boat. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like

crappielimits The boat I have now has a 12 degree hull. And I know a 6 degree is not going to out ride it. As I have been in a G3 2072 and it did not even come close to the war-eagle. So its out. Now I bet the waves you were in were way rollers not white caps like on a lake?
    Also I did look at trackers. But in the Tiller boat they do not have anything. Now if I did go with a console, It may be worth looking. If it has a console it will be a walk through windshield or a tiller boat.
    Now if your wife looked at boats with you. And Quote( I think a lund like your looking at is the way to go. Its more $$ but a better boat) what are you going to do?
    Also I used to belive a Lund was over priced. But ride in one and your mind may be changed also. Its like going from a 1974 3/4 ton dodge to my chevy crew cab. night and day apart.
    Glad you brought up the problem with laying rods down with the windshield had not even though about that.

Willsjwills I only fish reelfoot in the winter time, And so far only been on one stump that took over a minute to get off of it. But also only fish the lower Blue basin. And I have the way marked on my GPS. And if I stay on it. Its not bad. But get off course 10 or 15 ft and its like where did that come from.
    I may just have to fish there with my buddy as we always use his boat anyway. LOL So that may work.

Guys my back is a pain in the leg and butt. That is the reason I am looking at a deep V boat. Something that if the wind gets up ( That is all the time) I can get back to the boat without beating my back and self to death. Had to idle 12+ miles Wed. As the wind came up and we were up river. Now running nito 3+ waves that are white capping into the current is not fun. Even at a idle, So now its save up for a year or so. And buy the boat that I was looking at when that dumb little mind of mine, Thought well this boat will work. I can always fish when the wind is not blowing bad. But anymore If I only fish when the wind is not blowing. I would not get to fish much.
    Pete

PS I do thank each and every person that post to this. But I Posted DEEP V Not john boat.. And not to hurt anyone feelings. But read it. Its Deep V boat that will ride good and is stable. I have a 2072-SLD with 12 degree hull now. And also a 754 War-Eagle with a 12 degree hull. Now to some these boats ride great. and I do enjoy them. But throw in a bad back. And your world changes.
    Also not looking at Alumicraft There a great boat. And I like JWhites boat. but its limit is the 90 Hp motor. Now if They upgrade there motor size and add the power tiller. They may be in the works. But every tiller boat now is about under HP. And as the wife also like the lund. I guess it a lund. I know its bad when or wifes do that to us. But a dream boat that will not be a dream anymore in a year or so. Man what can I say.
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 10-14-2007 at 10:34 AM.