Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Baiting shiners....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baiting shiners....

I have posted several times on using shiners for crappie. Now...does anyone use bait to catch their shiners? Meaning....throw the bait in an area...wait, then throw a castnet over them. I think this would work well in my spot since I have seen these guys eat in my fish tank....little boogers will eat anything. I'm thinking some sort of cat food or dog food, but would love to hear some proven suggestions. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Sinking catfish pellets would probably work. We can get them at the feed stores here - where the sell feed for livestock.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a tank you can go at night with a light. turn it on wait till they arrive. get a shad net or cast net ready then shut out the light. they come to the top for some reason and are easy pickings. That is if you can go at night and have a tank to keep em alive easymade bait tank

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ya'll. I'll give it a try. Smitty I made something like that tank, but with a 50 quart cooler instead. I have a Atwood 750 bilge pump drilled into the side. It just keeps the water cycling. Keeps shrimp alive, threadfin, and any other bait. Definitely minnows and shiners.

Post Thanks / Like

I seine for shiners in the summer. Alot of the local creeks and ditchs have them. They are not in these places until the water warms though.