Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oddest lure you've caught crappie on??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oddest lure you've caught crappie on??

Just curious what was the oddest bait you've caught crappie on. Today was a first for me I caught one on a 6 inch lizard set up like a texas rig but no weight. Also caught one on a buzz bait today.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Me, personally ...

I've caught them on a variety of baits, not normally associated with Crappie fishing. Crankbaits, & spinnerbaits have taken some good ones ... but, the oddest one was a 4" Gene Larew Salt Craw I was Bass fishing, had the craw "texas rigged", and fishing a steep dropping rock cliff. Got the tell-tale "tic" in the line, set the hook, and thought I had a nice Bass ... for about 3 seconds. :p Then, I wondered if I hadn't lost the fish, for about another second or two ... until the Crappie came to the surface. Couldn't believe my eyes ... LOL!! It was a male Black Crappie, in full Tuxedo and would have gone a pound and a half to a pound and three quarters. I asked him to forgive me for interrupting his courting, and sent him back to continue in his endeavors.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Caught one on liver while catfishing once,I know you said lure,but it was still odd.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Devil Horse top water bait. Bluff lake, Miss. in April fishing for bass. Jumped all over it. About 2lb.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught several on a big double jointed black jitterbug over the years while casting for big smallies, and I once caught one while trolling a 7 inch rapala for muskies.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Corndog, no, wait, sorry it was a dork fish
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

rubber worm while I was bass fishing....got it hung over a limb let it dangle in the water lifting it up and down and then saw a fish coming up for it....crappie !
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Caught one using turkey liver....come to think of it I was, I guess spidder rigging with liver but I really was cat fishing....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a crappie

I have a 2lb 11oz blugill on my wall that I caught on a big Bomber lure while fishing for bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast