PDA

View Full Version : what effect?

Nightprowler
10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
What effect do you think raising the water level to winter pool will have on crappie? It has been very dry and some lakes are as much as 5-ft down. When and if the rain comes, corp of engineers plan on raising the water lever up to winter pool.

EDDY CREEK BANDIT
10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Confused, They lower Kentucky and Barkley Lakes to winter pool. Summer pool is 359' and winter is 354'. ??
THE BANDIT

Nightprowler
10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
the water level is BELOW winter pool right now. They will raise the water up to fill the lake to winter pool when we get some rain.

drill instructor
10-13-2007, 12:05 AM
i think it will have little effect as long as it is done slowly over a few weeks. sometimes they raise our lake too fast and the fish shut down.

chaunc
10-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Last year, we had 4 days rain and our lake rose over 3 ft in that time span. Lake was a mudhole with debri everywhere. I looked for the clearest water i could find before i started fishing. Still not very clear so i used bigger and darker baits than i usually fish. Back at the ramp when everyone was talking about being skunked, i was proud to have my 8 keepers. But i didn't use livebait at those spots i fished. Might have made a bigger diffrence if i had.