Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Styrofoam bobber and lead pin...HELP!!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Styrofoam bobber and lead pin...HELP!!!

I know this was posted a few months ago but I cannot find it. What was the website for ordering styrofoam bobbers with the separate lead pin for casting weight? I will be going back to Ohio around the first week in November for a visit and may go aftre some Steelheads. Either way, I need a supply for these bobbers. They also work well for Crappie.

I saw this post on http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Default.a...75&EntryID=121 I hope my friends in Ohio saw it also. For those of you who have never fished for a Steelhead, you should try it. Most of the time I am fishing crappie jigs or pinmins for them.

QUOTE:

BE A FALL FISHING FANATIC
    Opportunities abound for fall fishing in northeast Ohio

AKRON, OH – Summer is over but anglers need not hang up those fishing rods for the winter just yet according to the ODNR Division of Wildlife. Fish are just coming out of their summer feeding slumps and fishing now can be as good as traditional springtime opportunities. “Anglers have a wide variety of choices right now,” said fish management supervisor Phil Hillman. Virtually any species of fish that can be caught in the spring months can be caught now if anglers have the inclination. Just go against the grain of thinking that fishing is done by Labor Day. Don’t lose a great opportunity,” Hillman explained. Steelhead start cruising the break walls along the Lake Erie shoreline around Labor Day and start making their way upstream thereafter. Rain events trigger early runs and less rain triggers later runs. Try casting spinners, spoons (1/4 ounce to 2/5 ounce) or small crankbaits. Florescent spinners and spoons are the best for muddy conditions; chrome crankbaits are good for clear water conditions. Jigs (1/64 ounce) tipped with maggots work well, especially when combined with a Styrofoam bobber and lead pin (for casting weight).
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, just put some split shot around the base of the float.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Ship,I like those bobbers also.The only place I've found them is in local bait shops.I was wondering the same thing myself,would like to get a bunch.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

I found the info.Use the search on this site and type in styrofoam bobbers,you will find the posts.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Excuse my drawing...I'm not that great with paint programs, but this is what I was looking for. Crappiekid, you're alright. Thanks for trying to help.

Thanks Baxter. I'll do the search. Appreciate you also.

The one I am looking for makes it real easy to change depths and holds up better than any bobber stop for fishing up to seven feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Baxter1. You led me in the right direction. I knew I had seen this on this site before. I am ordering some today.

POSTED BY GRIZZ: (Under the thread need help finding a certain float)
    Here ya go. I've seen them around here as well and I was pretty sure they were made in PA. They have em in the local tackle shops. At least they used to.

http://palures.tripod.com/globobs.html

I appreciate everyone's help. Thank you.

Old ship

Post Thanks / Like

Now to find a supplier! It looks like that company has gone out of business. Does anyone else have a supplier for these?

Does anyone pour their own lead pin inserts? Small and medium size?

Thanks again. Old ship

Post Thanks / Like

Here is their new web address.

To:

PA Lures

503 Beallsville RD

Bentleyville, PA

[email protected]

http://www.palures.com/globobs.html