Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what a great weekend :)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking what a great weekend :)

the weather was nice so i got on the water as much as i could hope you all had as much fun .... oh and to answer Crappiepappy's question , the banks are to steep and the tree's are to thick to fish from the bank here on my stripmine so i use a little pond pounder type bass boat to float all over the place and so i can have my coffee and ashtray right next too me LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Gone fishin', be back for deer season :D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey SM1 ...

ain't nothing wrong with that little outfit .... it gets you where you want to go - can't ask for much more. Them's some nice looking fish, too!

You ever "smelled out" a Bluegill spawning bed ? If not - next time you're there (April & May especially) ... if you get a whiff of a musky sweet fishy kind of smell on the wind (a fresh smell, not a dead fish smell) ... head into the wind until you can no longer detect that smell. If that puts you on or near a shallow, mud bank ..... try some 1/32oz jigs under a small float, or a 1/32oz Roadrunner or Beetlespin along that bank (esp if it's nearing a full Moon). You may even want to tip your jig with a wax worm, or just use a hook/sinker/float with wax worm, cricket, or other Bluegill "bait". I've only "smelled out" a Bluegill bed once .... many years ago on Herrington Lake ... but I had a blast, catching hand sized gills - one after another! ....luck2ya ........cp

ndjim Guest

Default Repeat

i saw this post last weekend.....are you bored stripminr?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappiepappy, I will have to get my nose out of the coffee and start paying attention to my sense of smell I enjoy a quick feisty battle with a lively bull bluegill and i hope to get a 10 incher real soon so i can send it in to the KDFWR and get it recongnized as an official Kentucky Trophy Fish i got my bass in all ready this year and the certifiacte is cool I will frame it with the bass's picture, looking for a 15 inch crappie too lol. ..........Hi ndjim, just to help u catch on , a topic always comes back to the top when someone replys to it so we all can see whats new welcome to the board
    Gone fishin', be back for deer season :D

ndjim Guest

Default oops!!

sorry stripmine,,,,