Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Bite Over

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Bite Over

After three of the best nights ever, over the past month, we gave it one last (maybe) try Sunday night. It was sllllooooowwww. This is the third summer of night fishing we have seen fall on its face in October. The shad don't show up like they used to, and we can't seem to find the crappie. That is MY experience!

NOW, do any of you continue to catch fish at night in the fall, and how do you have to adjust for it (depth, type of structure, points, coves, timber, ledges, what?) We had been doing great just off the weedbeds on a steep dropoff.

I know nuthin' about the fall crappie bite. Daytime that is. Never fished then. I'm too busy after furred creatures by then!
    What am I missing?

Post Thanks / Like

You would probably hear from more people here if they knew where you are. Just fill out our info and I am sure more will respond.

As for your fishing, don't know your water, but here near me on Sam Rayburn they are catching them in different depths of water and most fishing down not so deep, like some even just 6' down.

If you have grass in your water look for drops at 12'-14' around and over grass ans troll a 1/32 or 1/16 oz. jig.

I know they are just about to turn on here with the water temp falling now and I can't wait!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!