Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: kissimmee river

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Boy the crappies have been biting real good in the kissimmee river. Yesterday we got 44 real nice crappies. It did not matter what color jig we used, as long as we tip it with a minnow.
    Today we got our limit, 50 nice crappies. Boy these will be some good eating.
    Color did not matter. Just had to have a minnow on with the jig.
    Hope the cooler weather does not shut them down.
    Still finding eggs in some of the crappies.
    Will be out tomorrow checking things out.

Post Thanks / Like

did you have a tube on as well or just jig/minnow and what where you fishing shallow deep or inbetween. I fished lochloosa lke today which had been producing good but the wind was out of control. Me and my wife took some big swell in the face. Sure was wet for not raining. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the water again. What rod/reel do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where you puttin in?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanie
    Boy the crappies have been biting real good in the kissimmee river. Yesterday we got 44 real nice crappies. It did not matter what color jig we used, as long as we tip it with a minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you puttin in?

Swanie Guest

Default kissimmee river

Hi! We put in just across from Oakatannie.
    We are using Teezur 1/32 oz jigs. Fishing about 3 to 4 foot deep next to the weeds. They were hitting just about any color. We have been having our best bite on the orange and yellow jig. Sometimes we put a body on, tip with a minnow.
    I use a 12 foot B&N jigging pole. I usally have 2 on the side trolling a couple of jigs and two in my hands working them along the weeds.
    Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today's Catch

Hi! We put in just across from Oakatannie.
    We are using Teezur 1/32 oz jigs. Fishing about 3 to 4 foot deep next to the weeds. They were hitting just about any color. We have been having our best bite on the orange and yellow jig. Sometimes we put a body on, tip with a minnow.
    I use a 12 foot B&N jigging pole. I usally have 2 on the side trolling a couple of jigs and two in my hands working them along the weeds.
    Later Swanie
    What was today like, total fish, wind, etc.,?

Swanie Guest

Default River

Yesterday we got 35. the wind was not to bad on the side we were fishing.
    I was having a problem with the trolling motor.
    To day we got 27. Trolling motor went completly out. We had to just pull up to shore and jig out the back. Just kept moving from place to place.
    Wind was great all morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry I should have came to flr

Post Thanks / Like

I drove to arizona to fish crappie but got flooded out .next yr I:M coming your way .jim from louisville ohio .

Post Thanks / Like

ya they were bitting pretty good when i was out a couple weeks ago. their was so many boats all by the bridge by okee-tantie. i whent up by the locks and it was nice and peaceful cuz thier wasnt anyone around and was out their for the night.i pulled up in all the vegitation and cought a couple nice slabs :D the next day thought the wind was so bad. im glad to here thought that thier still bittin good ill have to head back out soon.
    Last edited by okeechobee fisher; 03-08-2005 at 04:05 PM.
    :D CRACKER :D