Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take em fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take em fishing!

After working 13 hours sat night, i arrived home Sunday morning to my 8 year old grandson wide awake, sitting up at the table when i came in. He said paw paw, will you take us fishing? He lost his dad about 3 months ago, and i'm really all he has for a dad now. So i said sure, lets go! We loaded up the boat, woke up the other grandson an 11 year old , got the wife ready and off we went. It was non stop for me, having to bait the hooks, casting out, taking fish off etc. the 11 year old had never been fishing, hadnt ever wanted to until now. they, including my wife caught 5 keepers, of 10 total, also about 6 small bass and one cat. the 11 year old had the biggest smile ever seen on his face when he brought in a nice 14" one and said later can we go again paw paw. i created a little tournament for them, wife included, and paid out 1st, 2nd and 3rd. places. everyone was a winner. then on to jucys hamburger shop on the way home. those boys haven't stopped talking about that trip yet.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go jmack. sounds like they are hooked for life. sorry to hear about their dad. grandkids are "GRAND" I know I have 4 two boys and two girls. hope you have many more days like that one. cw

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome story....thats what it's all about....great job being a paw paw.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

From another paw-paw,good job,got 6 grandkids myself.Never been brave enough to take them all at once,usually in pairs.....and leave my rod at home

Post Thanks / Like

JMack, you done good. Kids are wonderful! and you are teaching them well. Thanks for stepping up. sorry for their loss.

Jack
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job.Sounds like you made them yougmen so happy.Hope next time is 1000 X's better

Post Thanks / Like

the world needs more pawpaws like you.We teach them to fish well keep them off the streets.I have a 14 yr old son who loves to fish doesnt care about the other things 14 yr olds are getting into,im very blessed.Take a kid fishing everybody,will make a better place.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Popa

My grandpa, whom we call Popa, used to live in Chandler, Texas, and he would take me fishing on his stock pond out back of his house. He now lives in Tyler. Some of my fondest memories are of catching grasshoppers for bait and fishing with him. He'd always hook the fish then tell me it was too big for him and give me the pole. Boy did I ever feel special, even if I was reeling in a half pound channel cat.

-Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Jmack, way to go !! once a paw paw always a paw paw !!! its nice to see people like you puttin the kids first. besides sleep is a waste of life. !! again job well done . sorry to hear of their loss. keep us posted of the next trip .

god bless
    ed
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Thats something the boys will remember when their paw paw's! No reward needed, but it WILL be TEN FOLD!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast