Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Oklahoma City Crappie fishing

soonercrappiefisherman Guest

Default Oklahoma City Crappie fishing

I am new to the OKC area and looking for a good place to crappie fish for myself and my son. We do not have a boat so we would be bank fishing any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Try around Arcadia Lake, Hefner, and Overholser. A good place for info is the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife, www.wildlifedepartment.com. They send out a weekly newsletter to your email, if you sign up. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

i fish arcadia about 1-2 times a week and the fishing dock located at spring creek park is one of the easiest places to fish. I try to post about once a week on what is biting out there and would be glad to give you more info on the lake. THere are not alot of slab crappie out there but there are alot of crappie that are fairly easy to catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie in Oklahoma city

I grew up in Moore Oklahoma and used to fish a lake called Kitchen Lake. It is on the 12th street exit off I -35. Go east a few miles like you were going to Draper lake and it will be on your left as soon as you cross sooner road. It used to cost 1 or 2 dollars to fish it when I was a kid. I use to slay the crappie in the first and second spot that you come to. In the second spot there is a fence row, or there used to be that still had wire on it. I use to throw double maribou's under a bobber along that fence row and slay them in the spring. I know there are some 3 to four pound fish in the lake. There are some monster bass and cats too. I used to catch quite a few crappie over a pound. Minnows work great too under a bobber if you can keep the turtles off. I do not know if this lake is still open or not. But it used be a great fishing spot. I would also start hitting the sticks and asking farmers and ranchers if they have any ponds that they might let you fish. My uncle has a 900 acre cattle ranch down in Ada. He has 7 ponds on it and they are all loaded up with fish. WE used to get up early and go pond hoppin on the weekends. We would fish several different farm ponds and walk miles doing it. It was alot of fun, and it usually was very rewarding, because if one pond wasn't producing, you would eventually run into one that was on fire. We would fish adjacent properties to my uncles. It never hurts to ask.