Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Don't say "It's never too late"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't say "It's never too late"

This isn't a thread for sympathy. My sister passed away on Aug 19 and we spread her ashes 2 days ago on Sunday. She wanted to be cremated and spread on my property, which was our grandparents land. We've never been thru a cremation before and it was kindof strange for us. Now that you have the background, I had taken her fishing back in the late spring and had told her I would take her again. It wasn't a big deal until Aug 20, the day after she died at 45 years old. After I got her remains back, I started to take them with me and go fishing, but knew it would be lame. I had my chance. I write this to each of you that has a parent, grandparent, sibling, good friend, or child that you've promised you'd do a particular thing with. Whether it's pick them up to go to a mutual friend's house you haven't seen in a while, take them to a flea market, drive thru ya'll's home area, go hunting or fishing, a ballgame, rodeo, special lake or river, or just show up and drink coffee on the porch with them. Whatever you said you'd do, don't put it off any longer. I promise you will regret it. The saying "It's never too late" is the farthest from the truth that can ever be said.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Mo'nBack, my wife and I definately have you and your family in our prayers. I am sure that your sister understands now. Don't let it get you down. The way your post reads I feel that you loved each other a bunch. GOD bless you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Our prayers are with you. One positive thing about how you poured her ashes on your place is: Everytime you see a new flower or tree growing you will think of her. She is now a part of everything on your place.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry to hear about your sister. You are right in what you said. Take care , good post.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your loss.....Good post & good advice....

Take care.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper, I remember when you made the post after you lost your sister. Still sorry for your loss. Don't go beating yourself up because you didn't get a chance to take her back to the water, God has a reason for what path he has chosen for her, and that decision was out of your hands. We just have to adjust and make the best of it. Our prayers are with you and the family, and you make a good point with this thread. If you don't have to put it off, then don't. But you have to remember that some things in life we can not predict or control...............Johnny
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for you loss Mo And your right! My farther passed away in Dec.1995. In April of 95 he was feeling real bad. I had gone to lake Murvaul by myself to see what the White Perch were doing. Let me tell you I caught 18 of the largest W.P. I have ever caught on a single fishing trip. My father loved more than anything else catching W.P. I ran home and called him. Told him he had to come, I knew he was not feeling good but I urged him to make the trip, 200 miles, he did. I had no business fishing with all the work I had to do but we hit the lake. Yes, we caught White Perch like crazy, big ones. I still remember the look on his face the three days we fished. I am positive God give him that time and give me that time with him. I wish I had pictures to show you all but I do not. They are just locked in my memory. Like Mo said, Don't put things off.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

Mo I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Please know my prayers are with you and your family. Great post, thanks. Even in your time of loss you thought of others enough to share your feelings. Thank you!
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

God Bless,& prayers sent to all of you.